Getting injured from car accident in Massachusetts or Rhode Island be traumatic at many levels. First and foremost, victims struggle to recover physically. They may need to be hospitalized or undergo surgery or even lengthy rehabilitation in order to completely recover from the injuries. Other than the physical challenge, a car accident can devastate victims and their families emotionally and financially. Very often, we see that car accidents are caused by another driver’s carelessness or wrongdoing. For example, failure to follow the rules of the road, distracted driving and drunk driving.
Reasons You Should Contact a Lawyer
If you have been in an auto accident, you might want to speak with a lawyer. It is important to understand your rights and work with an experienced legal professional who can explain them to you. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider getting an experienced car accident lawyer on your side:
- Free and Easy: The initial consultation with a car accident lawyer is free and simple. With a short phone call or visit, the lawyer can confidentially evaluate your case. Typically, there are no out of pocket costs and the lawyer is paid only if you win.
- Time is limited: You do not have unlimited time to take legal action for an auto accident. This time varies from state to state and depends on who the defendant is. Taking timely action is critical because you may lose your right to claim compensation.
- Insurance hardball: Insurance companies generally do not want to pay and can make it difficult for you to receive the compensation that you deserve.
- The lawsuit: If you decide to file a lawsuit in connection with your auto accident claim, a lawyer can be extremely helpful to guide you through what can be a complex process.
- Understanding damages: There are a number of potential damages you can seek after a car accident. In addition to medical bills, you may be able to seek compensation for lost wages, rehabilitation costs, pain and suffering and even loss of companionship.
- Proving fault: This can be challenging even when you have a police report saying the other party was at fault and eyewitnesses supporting your account of the incident. It is important to have a lawyer on your side who understands the law and can help present your case with the best facts and evidence.
- Settlement options: A knowledgeable lawyer will look out for your best interests through every step of the claims process. He or she can help explain the implications of accepting or not accepting a settlement offer. A lawyer can also help you evaluate whether settling is the best action to take.
Contacting an Experienced Lawyer
Having a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer on your side can make the difference between getting the compensation you need and losing your claim. The decision you make now can have an impact on your physical recovery and your financial future. At d’Oliveira & Associates, we work on a contingent fee basis, which means we don’t charge you any fees unless we have recovered compensation for you. Call us toll-free at 1-800-992-6878 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.