Each week we compile a summary of recalled, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
12 recalls you should be aware this week.
- Honda is recalling 641,302 Honda Odysseys for second row latch issues – the fix won’t be ready for a few months.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris recalled Sportsman 570 All-Terrain Vehicles due to fire hazard.
- Suzuki recalled KingQuad ATVs due to crash hazard – The ATV’s battery can fail and cause the engine to stop running while in use.
- Mikesell’s Potato Chip Company recalled its 2.25 oz. Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Farm To Market Foods of Santo, Texas recalled 26,506 pounds of Green Bean Casserole, because it may contain undeclared peanut allergens.
- American Roland Food Corp. recalled one lot of Roland® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Anchovies, due to product quality issue that may pose a potential health hazard to consumers.
Infant & Children Products:
- GLOPO recalled children’s Joyrider 3-Wheel Scooters – the front wheels of the scooter can detach when riding, posing a fall hazard.
- Tea Collection recalled children’s denim jackets due to choking hazard – the metal snaps on the jackets can detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Huvepharma, Inc. issued a voluntary nationwide recall of Duramycin-10 due to stability failure – this is an antibiotic for use in drinking water for swine, calves and poultry.
- 4 Sizzle recalled promotional charcoal grills due to fire hazard.
- Tristar Products Recalls AquaRug Shower Rugs due to fall hazard – the four suction cups on the underside of the rugs can fail to prevent slipping, posing a fall hazard to the user.
- RNG recalls 100-watt bendable solar panels – The solar panels can overheat, posing a risk of fire.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, wemakeitsafer.com, digitaltrends.com