Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
36 Recalls you should be aware this week.
- Maserati Quattroportes and Ghiblis recalled – Owners may be misled about which gear the vehicle is in. may not adequately warn the driver when driver’s door is opened and the vehicle is not in park, allowing them to exit the vehicle while the vehicle is still in gear.
- Ducati North America is recalling 925 model year 2016 XDiavel S motorcycles manufactured November 25, 2015 to May 18, 2016. The recalled motorcycles have a rear wheel that may have been incorrectly installed on the hub.causing the drive pins to fail, resulting in a loss of braking and a loss of power transmission from the engine.
- Ducati recalls 1199 Superleggera motorcycles – The engine could seize, locking up the rear wheel.
- Tucker Rocky recalls Speed and Strength SS2200 motorcycle helmets – The helmets failed the penetration testing.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone recalls Summerland recreational trailers – The trailers may have been manufactured with incorrect load range tires. Vehicle owners may inadvertently overload the tires which may result in tire failure, thereby increasing the risk of a crash.
- Jayco is recalling 26 model year 2017 Jay Flight trailers manufactured May 6, 2016, to May 9, 2016. The weight ratings on the tire labels are incorrect. Incorrect weight ratings on the tire label could cause the operator to overload the vehicle and lead to premature tire wear, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Heartland recalls trailers with safety chain issue – The weight of the trailer could break the safety chains.
- Forest River recalls Forester and Sunseeker recreational vehicles – The shower door may not meet flammability standards.
- Grand Design RV is recalling 1,300 model year 2016-2017 Imagine and Reflection recreational trailers manufactured January 15, 2016 to May 4, 2016.The MB Sturgis LP regulator on these vehicles may allow propane gas to leak into the regulator sight glass causing it to degrade and potentially crack – increasing the risk of a fire.
- Thor Motor Coach recalls Tuscany, Tuscany ZTE and Venetian motorhomes – The motorhome could experience an unexpected loss of power.
- Forest River recalls Charleston Class A motorhomes – The brakes could drag and overheat potentially resulting in a fire.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Michael’s® Naturopathic Programs Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk and Soy in The Dietary Supplement Cholesterol Metabolism Factors™.
- Frito-Lay recalls Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos tortilla chips – The product may contain milk, an allergen not listed on the label.
- General Mills announced today a voluntary national recall of four specific flavors of Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars and Nature Valley Simple Nut Bars. The recall is being issued as part of sunflower kernel supplier SunOpta’s ongoing national recall for the potential presence of Listeria monocytogenes.
- The Father’s Table is voluntarily recalling 2,099 cases of cheesecakes sold by Gordon Food Service through retail and food service outlets under the GFS® label as a result of a recall by one of The Father’s Table’s flour suppliers, Grain Craft. Particular lots of Grain Craft flour, used in the products listed below, may contain undeclared peanut residue.
- Creative Snacks Co. has issued a precautionary recall on a small quantity of The Fresh Market 12.3 ounce Smoked TFM Supreme Nut Mix bags (UPC 00737094218386) due to the possibility of a mislabeled back label which does not declare Peanuts and Soy on the allergen statement but are included in the contents of the trail mix.
- Figi’s Companies is recalling 2 snack mix products that are related to the SunOpta sunflower kernel recall, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Mondelēz Global LLC announced today a nationwide voluntary recall in the United States of the Honey Maid Teddy Grahams Cinnamon Cubs Graham Snacks sold only in Foodservice channels (not supermarkets). This recall is being conducted out of an abundance of caution following notification of a wheat flour recall by Grain Craft, a third-party flour supplier to one of our external manufacturers due to the potential for undeclared low levels of peanut residue in the flour.
- Atlantic Spice Company Inc. is recalling it’s 16 ounce packages of Sunflower Seeds Roasted Salted, Tropical Mix and Cranberry Health Mix snacks because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Bolthouse Farms Voluntarily Recalls Protein Beverages Due to Possible Spoilage.
- Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. is issuing a voluntary recall for certain code dates of their Lance brand Oyster Crackers. This action is the direct result of a recent recall by the wheat flour supplier, Grain Craft, due to certain lots of flour that may contain undeclared peanut residue.
- Marin Foods Specialties, Inc. is recalling packaged raw macadamia nuts sold in California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington Whole Foods Market stores due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Greenland Trading Corporation is recalling AI Rasheed Sardine, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Pinnacle Foods Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Limited Quantity of C&W Early Harvest Petite Peas and C&W Petite Peas Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Dutch Treat Foods, Inc. is voluntarily recalling Sweet Pea Pasta Salad due ingredient in the product being recalled by one of its suppliers. The product is being recalled due to the potential of being contaminated with listeria.
- Kellogg Company is voluntarily recalling certain graham crumbs because they were made using Grain Craft flour which may have contained undeclared allergen peanut residue.
- Tippin’s Gourmet Pies, LLC is voluntarily recalling select Key Lime Pies because they may contain flour with undeclared peanut residue.
- National Frozen Foods Corporation is voluntarily recalling a limited quantity of Not-Ready-To Eat frozen green peas and frozen mixed vegetables because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Sinosharp recalls “Chocolate Flavored Cookies” – The product contains milk, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Mars Chocolate North America recalls select varieties of Combos – The products may contain peanut residue, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Armour Snackmakers Keebler Animal Crackers recalled – The product contains peanut residue, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Simple Health recalls Tosi Cappuccino Crunch SuperBites – The products contain milk and soy, allergens not listed on the label.
Infant & Children Products:
- Tommee Tippee electric bottle and food warmers recalled – The warmers can overheat and catch fire. The firm has received six reports of bottle and food warmers overheating, melting, smoking and catching fire which resulted in $16,000 in property damage.
- The Land of Nod is recalling Octo-rattles – The fabric discs on the tentacles of the octopus rattles can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Pet Food & Products:
- Radagast Pet Food, Inc. Is Voluntarily Recalling Four Lots Of Frozen Rad Cat Raw Diet® Due To Possibly Salmonella And Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination.
- Ecovent Corp. is recalling about 600 Ecovent room sensors. The cover can come off during normal use, exposing high voltage components and posing an electrical shock hazard.
- STIHL Inc is recalling about 9,000 battery-powered hedge trimmers in the U.S. and Canada. The hedge trimmer can operate faster than expected, continue running after the trigger is released or operate by depressing either the trigger or the front handle switch individually, posing a laceration hazard.
- Direct Distributors is recalling about 200 4-inch air angle grinders. The spring-loaded safety switch can fail and allow the grinder to turn on even with the safety switch locked in place, posing a finger, hand or other laceration risk.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, www.uscgboating.org