ARC Airbag lawsuits state the defective product has caused individuals serious injuries or death. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. There is no cost or fee unless a settlement or award is obtained on your behalf. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call our toll-free number at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out an online contact form.
Have You Or A Loved One Suffered Injuries Due To An ARC Airbag?
You May Have a Claim
What are ARC Airbags?
Airbags, in general, are installed in vehicles and are intended to protect the driver and its passengers in the event of an accident. Upon collision from an accident, the airbag will almost immediately inflate to cushion the vehicles occupants from the sheer force of the impact caused.
ARC Automotive, Inc. is a manufacturer of airbag inflators for certain vehicles. Millions of these airbag inflators were installed in vehicles. As of late, a recall has occurred due to a defect in these inflators.
Why Are ARC Airbag Lawsuits Being Filed?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) ordered ARC Automotive, Inc. to recall 67 million airbag inflators due to a serious defect. The defect comes from an overinflating of the airbags. When this occurs, the airbags burst and metal shrapnel is projected within the vehicle at high speeds, which leads to possible broken bones, severe cuts, burns and even death.
It was concluded by the NHTSA that, due to faulty manufacturing, a vent can be blocked in the inflator canister, which causes the above-mentioned overinflating, leading to the explosion. Because of the life-threatening injuries this defect can produce, ARC airbag lawsuits are now being filed on behalf of injured victims.
What Do We Know About ARC Airbag Lawsuits?
Lawsuits allege both serious and permanent injuries caused by the distribution, manufacturing and sale of these defective airbag inflators. Beyond the obvious injuries, Plaintiffs also seek compensation to recover punitive damages against ARC Automotive, Inc., who knew about the dangers of their product but still made them available to the public.
Several Plaintiffs seek to join in a mass tort lawsuit to bring common issues and injuries together from various plaintiffs.
Which Vehicles Contain Defective ARC Airbag Inflators?
According to the recall demand from the NHTSA, the following vehicles have models that are affected by this recall:
To see if your vehicle is one of the affected models, you can type your VIN number into the NHTSA recall tool.
Have Any Serious Injuries Been Reported From Defective ARC Airbag Inflators?
The following incidents were mentioned in the recall demand from the NHTSA (all mentioned below had either single or dual-stage ARC inflaters):
- January 29, 2009 – Driver side airbag inflator ruptured in a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country minivan in Ohio, causing severe injuries
- April 8, 2014 – Driver side airbag inflator ruptured in a 2004 KIA Optima in New Mexico, causing injuries to the face and legs
- September 22, 2017 – Driver side air bag inflator ruptured in a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in Pennsylvania, causing facial and head injuries
- August 15, 2021 – Driver side airbag inflator ruptured in a 2015 Chevrolet Traverse in Michigan, causing fatal injuries
- October 20, 2021 – Driver side airbag inflator ruptured in a 2015 Chevrolet Travers in Kentucky, leaving facial injuries to the driver
- December 18, 2021 – Passenger side airbag inflator ruptured in a 2016 Audi A3 e-Tron in California, leaving both driver and passenger injured
- March 22, 2023 – Driver side airbag inflator ruptured in a 2017 Chevrolet Traverse in Michigan, leaving the driver with facial injuries
How do I know if I have an ARC Airbag Lawsuit?
As with any personal injury or mass tort claim, each case is entirely unique and is dependent on the facts of your particular case. Additionally, each lawyer or law firm has specific criteria before they can agree to take on a case. You may have an ARC Airbag lawsuit if:
- You owned and operated OR were a passenger in one of the vehicles that contains an ARC airbag inflator AND
- You received serious injuries as a result of the airbag rupture
If the above statements are true for your situation, you may have an ARC airbag lawsuit and should contact our law firm to talk about your case.
Contact an Experienced ARC Airbag Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injury as a result of the recalled ARC airbag inflators installed in millions of vehicles, you might be able to receive compensation for your lost earnings, medical bills and pain and suffering, and other losses. Our firm works with experienced mass tort lawyers across the nation, who are ready to talk to you about your possible case. Call us toll-free at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out an online contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.