Have You Been Injured From A Negligent Cranston Driver?
Cranston Car Accident Lawyers Can Get You The Compensation You Deserve!
If you were injured in a Rhode Island car accident, you may be eligible to receive a cash settlement for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our knowledgeable Cranston car accident lawyers do not charge any fees unless you receive a settlement or award. Contact us anytime toll-free at (401) 275-2039, or fill out an online contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FROM OUR CLIENTS:
1. What Are The Legal Fees For My Cranston Car Accident Case?
Our Cranston car accident lawyers will not charge any legal fees unless you obtain a settlement or award for your case. Our normal fees are 1/3 of your award or settlement, which is the industry’s standard fee for car accident lawyers in Rhode Island. We will pay for upfront case costs, such as fees to obtain medical records, investigative costs, police reports, etc., and then get reimbursed for these costs from any settlement or award.
2. How Much is My Cranston Car Accident Case Valued At?
If you are hurt in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be compensated for medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. The pain and suffering portion of your case is the part that can greatly increase in value with the help of an experienced lawyer. Most car insurance companies care more about their bottom line than paying you what you deserve for your case and will try to value the pain and suffering portion as low as possible. This is where our firm’s 30 years of experience as Cranston car accident lawyers can be critical. Our lawyers put emphasis on the importance of the pain and suffering portion of your case to get you the best settlement possible. Read more.
3. Do I Have a Time Limit to File a Car Accident Claim?
It is of great importance that you contact a Cranston auto accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to ensure they are part of the entire process. In the state of Rhode Island, the statute of limitations in most car accident cases is three (3) years. This means you will have three (3) years to file a lawsuit against the other party for your damages. Contacting an experienced Cranston car accident lawyer will help you navigate your claim and inform you of the applicable statute of limitations.
4. What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If you are injured in a car accident and the other driver has no insurance, you may collect uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in when the accident happened. Your insurance company would not raise your rates if you were not at fault. Even if you were not hurt in your car, you might collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own automobile insurance company or any other insured vehicles owned by relatives in your home. Read more.
5. How Should I Handle My Auto Property Damage Claim?
The process is fairly simple. Have the insurance company appraiser meet with your auto body repairman to examine the damage to your car. The repairman is in the best position to show the appraiser how much it will cost to repair your car. A knowledgeable Cranston car accident lawyer would tell you this is the best way to proceed. However, if you attempt to do this on your own, you may end up getting less money to fix your car. Read more.
6. How Do I Talk With My Own Insurance Company?
It is imperative that you contact your insurance company as soon as possible after a car accident and file a claim with them. Provide them with the basic facts of the accident and the police report if you have it available. If you do not have a copy of the police report, our Cranston car accident lawyers can easily obtain this for you. You should read your insurance policy to see what type of coverage you have. Our experienced Cranston car accident lawyers can help you with this should you choose to not go it alone.
You should tell your insurance company how the accident occurred and give them the insurance information of the other parties involved in the accident. You should keep all paperwork involved with your claim, such as any of your medical expenses and any other documents or expenses that might be pertinent to your case.
Our firm recommends that you do not speak to the other party’s insurance company without speaking with a knowledgeable Cranston car accident lawyer. If you choose to speak with the other party’s insurance company, we advise that you do not elect to give the details of your case with them as anything you say can be used against you. Also, do not agree to any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are no longer experiencing pain.
7. What is the Minimum Level of Insurance Drivers Must Have in RI?
In Rhode Island, the minimum auto insurance coverage that an owner must carry is $25,000/$50,000 dollars. This means any person injured has up to $25,000 in insurance coverage for their injuries. If more than two persons are injured, there will be $50,000 in total coverage for everyone hurt in the accident. If your injuries are worth more than $25,000, you may be able to collect underinsured motorist benefits from the car you were in and/or any vehicles owned by you and blood relatives in your household. Our Cranston car accident lawyers can easily advise you of all applicable coverages available to you.
8. Why Do I Need an Experienced Cranston Auto Accident Lawyer?
- RI 2 Reservoir Ave and RI 12 (Park Ave) – One source places this area as the 5th most dangerous intersection in all of Rhode Island. Within a three (3) year span, this area saw 234 crashes, including 47 injury based crashes and 186 of those crashes resulting in property damage only.
- I-295 Exit 3 – One source places this area as the 8th most dangerous area in all of Rhode Island. Within a three (3) year span, this area saw 95 crashes, with 59 of them resulting in injuries.
9. Why Do I Need an Experienced Cranston Auto Accident Lawyer?
Simply stated, the insurance company is a business whose main goal is to make a profit. In general, they will try to offer you as little compensation as possible to settle your case, since this saves them money and means more profit for their company.
There are a number of things an experienced Cranston car accident lawyer can do to help you get the best possible settlement for your case. Some of these things include monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the right tests, getting and reviewing your medical records to make sure your doctors and other medical providers properly document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you on every aspect of your claim and most importantly, negotiating with the insurance company to ensure the best possible settlement for your injuries.
10. Why Should You Hire d’Oliveira and Associates?
- Our attorneys have extensive experience in representing car accident victims and we know what to do to help you get the most money for your car accident claim.
- The lawyers at our firm have at least 20 years’ experience in handling auto accident cases.
- We are ready to take your phone call 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We can meet with you in one of our 15 offices in Rhode Island or Massachusetts, or we can send someone out to where you live.
- We do not charge any fees unless you receive a settlement or award.
- We will be sure to return every call you make to us promptly.
Contact Us Today
Call us today toll free at (401) 275-2039, or fill out an online contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From Scituate, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
Follow RI-14 E/Plainfield Pike and then turn right onto Pippin Orchard Rd. Turn left onto RI-12/Scituate Ave and then take a left onto Pheonix Ave. Continue onto Park Ave and then turn right onto Reservoir Ave. Our office is on the right.
From Warwick, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
Follow RI-117A/Warwick Ave north and turn left onto RI-12/Park Ave. Turn left onto Park Ave. Our office is on the right.