If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income (if any), pain and suffering and other losses. Our experienced Taunton car accident lawyers charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to contact us for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Taunton Car Accidents: What You Need To Know
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Taunton Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Compensation Can I Receive for My Taunton Car Accident Injury?
- Can I Recover Compensation for Damage to My Car?
- Does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Apply to My Taunton Car Accident Case?
- Do I Have Insurance Liability Coverage?
- What Information Should I Provide to My Insurance Company?
- Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates to Handle My Taunton Car Accident Case?
- Most Dangerous Taunton Intersections
- Contact Us
- Massachusetts Office Locations
D.Robin Gouveia is the managing attorney in our Taunton office. She has been successfully handling our clients’ car accident cases for over 20 years and has the experience necessary to maximize her clients’ compensation. All d’Oliveira & Associates attorneys have more than 20 years’ experience in resolving auto accident cases.
Injured in a Taunton Car Accident?
Call Us For a Free Case Evaluation Today.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Taunton Car Accident Lawyer?
d’Oliveira and Associates does not charge any legal fees unless you receive an award or settlement for your case. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t charge anything until we have helped you to recover compensation for your personal injury.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Taunton Car Accident Injury?
If you or a loved one were injured in an auto accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. d’Oliveira & Associates attorneys negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you are not undercompensated, including for your pain and suffering. Our more than three decades of experience as Taunton car accident lawyers allows us to maximize the compensation our clients receive. Read more.
Can I Recover Compensation for Damage to My Car?
Because your auto body repair mechanic will be the one repairing your vehicle, they are in the best position to assess the value of the damages to your car. The insurance appraiser should consult the auto body repair mechanic to examine your vehicle so that you receive accurate compensation to repair your vehicle. Read more.
Does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Apply to My Taunton Car Accident Case?
When the vehicle you were injured in was registered in Massachusetts, personal injury protection (PIP) may be an option available to you. PIP is commonly referred to as “no fault” insurance. Even if you were found to be at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to PIP benefits as long as the vehicle you were injured in is a MA-registered vehicle.
PIP is intended to compensate you or any other injured individuals in the car for medical bills, funeral expenses, and a percentage of your lost income. Payment for PIP is typically capped at $8,000 per injured individual, and PIP may cover the balance of what is not covered by your private health insurance and the at-fault party’s insurance company. Our Taunton car accident lawyers can guide you through this area of Massachusetts law.
Do I Have Insurance Liability Coverage?
MA requires that every vehicle carry a minimum coverage of $20,000/$40,000. This means the insurance company pays up to $20,000 to each person injured in the accident, capped at $40,000 total for all individuals injured in the accident. Many vehicle owners carry more insurance than these minimums.
Under Insurance Liability Coverage, only the insurance company of the at-fault party is responsible for paying. This is intended to compensate the injured party for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
What Information Should I Provide to My Insurance Company?
- Contact your insurance agent as soon as you can after your accident. Filing your claim quickly is crucial as many insurance companies require that you file within a reasonable amount of time after your accident.
- Look through your insurance policy to determine your coverage and the proper claims to file. Contact a knowledgeable Taunton car accident attorney to help you through this process.
- Be sure to inform your insurance company about the details of your accident, including the other involved parties’ insurance information.
- Keep track of all of the paperwork having to do with your claim. This includes medical expenses, property repair costs, and other receipts related to your claim.
- We advise against speaking with the opposing party’s insurance companies unless you have first spoken with an experienced Taunton car accident lawyer. If you do discuss your case with the opposing party’s insurance company, avoid talking about the details of how your accident happened, do not agree to any settlement offers until your doctor has cleared you from treatment, and do not sign any insurance waivers until you are no longer experiencing pain. Read more.
Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates to Handle My Taunton Car Accident Case?
- For over three decades, our firm has been successfully handling car accident cases.
- Each of our attorneys has at least 20 years’ experience in resolving car accident cases.
- We answer all phone calls, 24/7.
- Our firm provides free case consultations.
- We charge no legal fees unless we receive an award or settlement on your behalf.
- Our experience allows us to see through the tricks insurance companies use to try to undercompensate you and we know how to negotiate to maximize your settlement or award.
Most Dangerous Intersections in Taunton
A Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District (SPREDD) report ranks many Taunton intersections among the top 100 most dangerous crash locations in Southeastern Massachusetts, including:
- Dean St. (Rte. 44) at Longmeadow Rd./Gordon Owen Riverway
- Intersection of County St. (Rte. 140) with Hart St.
- Broadway (Rte. 138) intersection at E. Britannia St.
- Williams St. intersection with Gordon Owen Riverway
Contact Our Taunton Car Accident Lawyers Today!
Call today at 508-822-6373, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) consultation.
- 408 Bedford St
Fall River, MA, 02720
- Phone: (508) 677-0500
- 930 Kempton St
New Bedford, MA 02740
- Phone: (508) 984-8400
- 130 Liberty St
Brockton, MA 02301
- Phone: (508) 436-7000
- 123 Broadway
Taunton, MA 02780
- Phone: (508) 822-6373
- 155 N Main St
Attleboro, MA 02703
- Phone: (508) 223-1133
- 2510 Cranberry Hwy STE. 5
Wareham, MA 02571
- Phone: (508) 295-1230