Winter is fast approaching and everyone should be careful to prevent slip and fall accidents. Every year, approximately 300,000 serious injuries are associated with slip and fall accidents. These accidents are caused by various factors such as uneven surfaces or wet and icy surfaces. The winter season brings in icy conditions and increases the chance of Cranston slip and fall accidents. Here are a few tips from the Cranston slip and fall lawyers to prevent slip and fall accidents in the winter season.
How Can I Prevent a Slip and Fall Accident?
Not all slip and fall accidents can be prevented, but taking the proper precautions might reduce the chances of one happening. Here are a few tips:
- Wear footwear with good traction, such as boots. If you have to wear other types of footwear, such as dress shoes or heels when going to work, carry them with you and change into them at your destination.
- Wear gloves. This this allow you to keep your hands outside of your pockets. If you fall, your hands and arms can help you regain your balance or brace you for the fall.
- Avoid carrying large loads over slick surfaces. If you have to, then prepare to let go of what you are carrying so that you can use your hands and arms.
- Take small steps when going over snowy and icy surfaces.
- Uses handles and handrails when possible.
- Be careful, even indoors. The entrances of buildings might be slippery from melted snow.
- Plan ahead. Make sure you give yourself the proper amount of time to reach your destination so that you do not have to rush.
What If I Slip and Fall?
Cranston slip and fall accidents can leave victims with cuts, broken bones and severe injury in some cases. When slip and fall accidents occur, you may need to seek compensation from the property owner for your injuries and losses. Your claim will depend on a variety of factors such as the conditions surrounding the fall, the location of the fall, the injuries involved and the type of insurance coverage available. A Cranston slip and fall lawyer can evaluate your situation and explain your rights and options. If you choose to go forward, they could handle the entire case on your behalf.
Speak With a Cranston Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact one of our experienced Cranston slip and fall accident lawyers located at 751 Reservoir Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. No fees are received unless you win your case. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call us at 401-275-2039 or toll free at 1-800-992-6878. You may also fill out our contact form online.