Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
27 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Prelude Short Sheath Introducer by Merit Medical Systems: Class I Recall – Sheath May Separate During Use
- Mylan N.V. announced that Meridian Medical Technologies, a Pfizer company and Mylan’s manufacturing partner for EpiPen Auto-Injector, has expanded a voluntary recall of select lots of EpiPen (epinephrine injection, USP) and EpiPen Jr (epinephrine injection, USP) Auto-Injectors to now include additional lots distributed in the U.S. and other markets.
2017 Ford F-250 recall
- 2017 Ford F-250 recalled: vehicles could roll after the driver moves the automatic transmission lever into park position.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 47 model year 2017 Cadenzas. The vehicle’s brake vacuum hose vehicles may kink, reducing braking performance. Reduced braking performance can lengthen the distance needed to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) is recalling 2,213 model year 2016 Smart Fortwo vehicles. The horizontal headlight adjustment mechanism may not have been properly sealed off to prevent future adjustment.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014 Escape, 2014-2015 Fiesta ST, 2013-2014 Fusion and 2013-2015 Transit Connect vehicles equipped with 1.6L GTDI engines. If the vehicle is started and driven with an insufficient level of coolant within the engine cooling system, the engine cylinder head may overheat, crack and leak oil.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- VanLeigh RV is recalling 270 model year 2016-2017 Vilano fifth-wheel recreational trailers, models 325RL and 365RL. The vehicles have a Federal Placard containing incorrect tire and load range information, possibly resulting in the vehicle being overloaded.
- Forest River recalls model year 2017 Cherokee recreational trailers. The federal placard has incorrect tire and rim size information.
- Model year 2017 Flagstaff and Rockwood recreational trailers recalled. The vehicle’s federal placard contains incorrect axle capacity.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Hunt’s Chili Kits recalled nationwide for Salmonella risk.
- Frozen Burritos Recalled Due To Possible Health Risk, Menu Del Sol Recalls Burritos in California and Nevada.
- Reser’s Fine Foods, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk and Soy in Limited Quantity of One Macaroni Salad Item.
- Allergy Alert Issued by Whole Foods Market in Hadley, Massachusetts for Undeclared Walnuts in Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- OK Food of Oklahoma City, Okla., is recalling approximately 933,272 pounds of breaded chicken products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials — specifically metal.
- Pro Sports Club of Bellevue, Wash., is recalling 36,957 Yogurt Peanut Crunch bars that may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Lifestyle Evolution is voluntarily recalling one shift of NuGo Slim Crunchy Peanut Butter nutrition bars.
- Envy Me is recalling LaBri’s Body Health Atomic, dietary supplement marketed for weight loss, sold in 60 capsule, plastic bottles.
- Sunshine Bakery of Alhambra, Calif., is recalling Cassava Cake and Mixed Nut Mooncake. The products contain peanut, coconut, almond and cashew, allergens not declared on the label. Some products also contain sunflower seed.
- Lakes Farm Raised Catfish of Dundee, Miss., is recalling approximately 1,695 pounds of siluriformes fish (catfish) products.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Infant & Children Products:
Magnetic Tic Tac Toe Game | Source: cpsc.gov
- Target Recalls Magnetic Tic Tac Toe Games Due to Choking and Magnet Ingestion Hazards. — The magnets can come off the tic tac toe game pieces, posing a choking hazard.
- Infant Caps Recalled by Sock and Accessory Brands Due to Choking Hazard. The button on the top of the infant cap can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Juratoys Recalls Toy Trolleys Due to Impact Injury Hazard — The toy trolleys can tip backwards, posing an impact injury hazard to children.
- Look Cycle Recalls Aerostems and Road Bikes Due to Fall, Crash Hazards — The stainless steel clamp that secures the stem to the handlebars can corrode and break, posing a fall and crash hazard.
- BlenderBottle Recalls Whiskware Glass Dressing Shaker Bottles Due to Laceration Hazard — The bottom of the glass dressing shaker bottle can break when the metal agitator strikes the glass bottom, posing a laceration hazard.
- humangear Recalls Bottle Caps Due to Burn Hazard – The “capCAP” can leak, dislodge or come off, posing a burn hazard to consumers when the bottles are used to hold hot liquids.
- SolarWorld Recalls Connectors Sold with Solar Panels Due to Electrical Shock Hazard — The connectors that are attached to the solar panels can develop microscopic cracks that allow moisture to leak into them while the system is producing electricity, posing an electrical shock hazard.
- Black+Decker Portable Table Saws Made by Rexon Recalled Due to Laceration and Impact Injury Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Walmart (17-118). The table saw stand can collapse unexpectedly, posing laceration and impact injury hazards to the operator.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com