Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
36 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Pasta De Lassar Andromaco Skin Protectant 25 Percent Zinc Oxide by MarcasUSA: Recall – Potential Contamination.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a mandatory recall order for all food products containing powdered kratom manufactured, processed, packed, or held by Triangle Pharmanaturals. Several of the products were found to contain Salmonella.
- Ford recalls 350,000 trucks, SUVs for transmission issue. The vehicle could move even when placed in park, if the parking brake isn’t activated, with no warning message on the instrument panel or warning chime when the driver-side door is opened. The recall affects 2018 F-150, F-650 and F-750 trucks and 2018 Expeditions.
- Tesla recalls model year 2012-2016 Tesla Model S vehicles. The vehicle could suffer a reduction or complete loss of power steering assist.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris Recalls RZR XP 1000 Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles (ROVs) Due to Fire Hazard. If the exhaust silencer fatigues and cracks, the heat shield may not manage heat, which may lead to melting of nearby components or fire.
- REV recalls motorhomes with Aurora HVAC systems. The HVAC potentiometer wires may get disconnected, posing a fire risk.
- Forest River recalls model year 2017-2018 Cherokee recreational trailers. Propane may leak out of the refrigerator when it is used in ‘gas’ mode.
- Model year 2018 Passport recreational trailers recalled. The spare tire and carrier may detach from the trailer.
- Forest River recalls model year 2018 Surveyor recreational trailers. The refrigerator in the slideroom may overheat.
- REV recalls motorhomes with satellite dish issue. The satellite dish could detach from the roof while the vehicle is being driven.
- Newmar recalls Ventana, Dutch Star and Mountain Aire vehicles. The vehicles could suffer electrical arcing and a power steering fluid leak.
- Model year 2018-2019 Winnebago Intent motorhomes recalled. The exterior rearview mirrors may fall off while the vehicle is being driven.
- Columbia Northwest recalls model year 2013-2018 Somerset E3 recreational trailers. The Gross Axle Weight Rating information may be missing from the Certification Label.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Stella Artois has announced a voluntary recall of select 11.2-ounce bottles of the brand’s beer after finding that they may contain particles of glass. The recall applies to Stella Artois six-, 12-, 18-, and 24-packs as well “Best of Belgium” multi-packs and Stella Artois Légère 6- and 12-packs.
- Northern California Whole Foods Market Stores recall cookies. The products contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Kwik Trip recalls egg salad sandwiches. The product may contain fish or shellfish, allergens not declared on the label.
- Tony Downs Food Company recalls chicken breasts. The products may be contaminated with hard plastic.
- Good Foods Group, LLC Recalls Ready-To-Eat Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen.
- Pelleh Farms Inc. in Swan Lake, NY, voluntarily recalled the Bethel Creamery brand whole, non-homogenized, organic milk. Producers of organic milk sold in parts of New York are recalling an undisclosed amount of whole milk after state inspectors found the product was improperly pasteurized.
- Owned by PFP Enterprises LLC, Texas Meat Packers has recalled approximately 7,146 pounds of raw beef products that were produced and packaged without the benefit of federal inspection, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service.
- First Source recalls Wegmans Yogurt Raisins. The product may contain peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Organic Amaranth Flour (22 Oz.) Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Cut Fruit Express, Inc. Announces A Voluntary Recall of Fresh Bruschetta Mixed and Dips Because of Undeclared Soy and Milk.
- Global Commodities Corporation Recalls Buenas Grated Coconut due to Possible Health Risk.
- Les Cuisines Gaspésiennes de Matane Ltée of Ottawa, Canada, is recalling Gaspésien brand pork products from the marketplace because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Aspire Food Group Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Exo Bars.
- Independent Nutrition, Inc Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Ignite Pre-Workout Supplement Products.
- Advocare Issues Allergy Alert in Select Bottles of Muscle Strength and Nighttime Recovery Product Because of Undeclared Milk Allergen on the Label.
- eBars recalls its line of energy products. The products may contain peanuts and/or almonds, allergens not declared on the labels.
- Nutrizone Recalls Various Lots of Multiple Dietary Supplements Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
- J.T.M. Provisions Company Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
- Spirit Halloween Recalls Nickelodeon PAW PATROL Marshall Hat with Flashlight Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The batteries in the flashlight can overheat, causing the flashlight to become hot, posing burn and fire hazards.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Blue Ridge Beef recalls BRB Complete raw pet food. The product may be contaminated with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes.
- Mizco International Recalls Power Bank Charging Stations Due to Fire and Burn Hazards; Sold at the Container Store. When the unit is being charged, it can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Vornado Air Recalls Electric Space Heaters Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The electric space heater can overheat when in use, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Scotch Thermal Laminators Recalled by 3M Due to Burn Hazard. The plastic enclosure can overheat, posing a burn hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com