Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
30 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium 25 mg and 100 mg Tablets USP, Sold Exclusively to Golden State Medical Supply.
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 50mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-amino butyric acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API).
- Alvogen Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Fentanyl Transdermal System Due to Product Mislabeling.
- TriDerma Recalls Pain Relief Cream Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning. The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The pain relieving cream contains lidocaine, posing a risk of poisoning to young children if they put it on their skin or ingest it.
Recalled Losartan Potassium Pills
- Vehicles made by Toyota, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Fiat Chrysler from the 2010 through 2019 model years are included in the probe, which was revealed Tuesday in documents posted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It involves airbag control units made by ZF-TRW that were installed in the vehicles.
- Certain 2018 and 2019 Honda Odyssey minivans are being recalled for a transmission that could unexpectedly shift to park while driving. If that sounds like an unpleasant experience, then we’re right there with you.
- Kia recalls model year 2019 Sedonas with 8-passenger seat arrangement. The seat belt buckle for the second-row middle seat may have been improperly installed.
- Karma Automotive is recalling 231 model year 2018 Reveros. In the event of a rollover crash, the side curtain/head protection air bags may not deploy as intended due to a rollover sensor system that is not enabled.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2018-2019 Quantum RW28 motorhomes recalled. The vehicles may be missing the mid-ship marker lights.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling five model year 2017-2019 Ventana motorhomes built on a Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) chassis equipped with Detroit Axle axles. The vehicles may have loose steering and tie rod arm bolts.
- Thor Motor Coach recalls Aria and Palazzo motorhomes. The vehicles may have loose steering and tie rod arm bolts.
- Keystone recalls Dutchmen Aspen Trail and Coleman recreational trailers with cooktop. The cooktop flames may become inverted, leading to excessive heat build-up.
- Forest River is recalling 3,051 model year 2018-2019 Orion Class C, Freelander Class C & Leprechaun Class C motorhomes, Rockport work trucks, and Berkshire Ultra Coach & StarCraft shuttle buses, equipped with ASA Electronics back up mirror-monitors, model number VOM74MM. The displays may revert back to the factory default settings, causing the camera image to be reversed.
- Forest River is recalling 17 model year 2019 Georgetown motorhomes. The front overhead bunk latch board may be insufficiently secured and may fall while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of injury and crash.
- Entegra Coach is recalling 23 model year 2019 Esteem motorhomes. The parking brake cable ends may be too small, allowing the cable to disconnect, preventing the emergency brake from engaging.
- Jayco is recalling 819 model year 2018 Jayco Talon and Seismic fifth wheel trailers. Incorrect hardware may have been used to secure the fuel tank that is used for refilling vehicles.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Mondelēz Global recalls Chewy Chips Ahoy. The product may contain an unexpected solidified ingredient Announcement.
- K2D Foods Recalls Raw Ground Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O103 Contamination.
- Grant Park Packing Recalls Raw Ground Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O103 Contamination.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency reports pea shoots recalled for Listeria monocytogenes contamination were distributed to more provinces and retailers than originally reported.
- French authorities are investigating an E. coli outbreak linked to cheese after young children developed hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS). Some Saint-Félicien and Saint Marcellin cheese has been recalled.
Recalled Chewy Chips Ahoy
Infant & Children Products:
- Go Couture of Vernon, Calif., is recalling about 120 sets of children’s loungewear sets. The children’s garments fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries.
- Kids II Recalls All Rocking Sleepers Due to Reports of Deaths. Infant fatalities have occurred in the Rocking Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach while unrestrained, or under other circumstances.
- Flying Tiger Copenhagen Recalls Toy Train Carts Due to Choking Hazard. The steam dome on the toy train’s engine car can come loose, posing a choking hazard.
Recalled Children’s Sleepwear
- Arctic Cat Recalls Snowmobiles Due to Fire Hazard. While operating the snowmobile the exhaust can flame from the muffler outlet, posing a fire hazard.
- RH US of Corte Madera, Calif., is recalling about 3,000 Callum canopy beds sold in the U.S and Canada. The bed’s horizontal canopy rails can detach and fall, posing an injury hazard.
- Viessmann Recalls Boilers Due to Carbon Monoxide Hazard. The boiler heat exchanger back plate can corrode and leak flue gases, allowing the boiler to emit excessive amounts of carbon monoxide, posing a CO poisoning hazard to consumers.
- Ruggable Recalls Shag Rugs Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The rug’s shag cover fails to meet the federal flammability standard for carpets and rugs, posing a fire hazard.
Recalled Canopy Bed
- Bodum Recalls Stove Top Espresso Makers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The espresso maker’s handle can ignite from the flame of a gas stove, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Tekno Products of Rutherford, N.J., is recalling about 40,200 Tuff smoke-less grills. The grill can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
Recalled Stove Top Espresso Maker
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com