Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
26 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Liquid-filled Intragastric Balloon Systems: Letter to Healthcare Providers – Potential Risks.
- International Laboratories, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One (1) Lot of Pravastatin Sodium Tablets USP, 40mg Packaged in Bottles of 30 Tablets Due to Mislabeling NDC # 54458-925-16; Lot # 115698A.
- Voluntary Nationwide Recall of all Liquid Products Manufactured by Pharmatech LLC and Distributed by Leader Brand, Major Pharmaceuticals, and Rugby Laboratories Due to Possible Product Contamination.
- Sterile Drug Products from Vital Rx, dba Atlantic Pharmacy and Compounding: FDA Alert – Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- BMW recalls motorcycles equipped with optional aluminum luggage cases. The cases may partially block the rear reflex reflectors.
- Piaggio recalls model year 2018 Liberty 50 iGet 3V scooters. The swing arm may shift, causing a loss of control.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris Recalls Scrambler All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The throttle release switch can fail, posing a crash hazard.
- Kawasaki Recalls All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard. The fuel tap can leak, posing a fire hazard.
- Model year 2018 Salem and Wildwood recreational trailers recalled. The federal placards may state an incorrect weight of the trailer.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Schnucks Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecans in German Chocolate Cake Labeled as “Schnucks Bakery Deluxe Petite Cake Chocolate Iced Yellow”
- Raspberry mousse cakes recalled in Canada for norovirus.
- The Comfy Cow Recalls Pints of Ice Cream Due To Possible E. Coli Contamination and/or High Coliform Counts.
- MADHAVA Natural Sweeteners Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in its 13.8 oz. MMM… Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix.
- Freshtex Produce Recalls “Valery” Brand Maradol Papayas Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Luvo recalls mislabeled Chicken Chile Verde. The product contains eggs and fish (anchovies), allergens not declared on the label.
- D & D Foods recalls pepperoni pizzas. The products contain soy lecithin, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Corn Maiden Foods recalls Morrison Aussie Travelers’ Pies. The product contains monosodium glutamate not declared on the label.
- Kenosha Beef International, LTD. Recalls Beef Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Good Food Concepts, LLC. Recalls Beef Products Due To Possible E. Coli O26 Contamination.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Product.
- Michigan farm recalls shell eggs because of Salmonella.
- Taylor Farms Retail, Inc. Recalls Coleslaw Kits Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen.
Recalled German Chocolate Cake
Recalled Maradol Papayas
Recalled Meat Pie
Infant & Children Products:
- Meijer Recalls Children’s Swimsuits Due to Choking Hazard. The snaps on the swimsuit can detach, posing a choking hazard to the child.
- Firewood Recalls Vaporizers Due to Fire Hazard (Recall Alert). An electrical short can occur in the vaporizer, posing a fire hazard.
- NVIDIA Recalls European Plug Heads Sold with Power Adaptors Due to Electric Shock Hazard. The plug heads can break exposing metal prongs, posing an electric shock hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com