Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
14 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Hyundai and Kia will recall more than a half-million compact cars in the U.S. starting next year because of a brake-light problem. The recall covers more than 390,000 Hyundai Elantras from the 2013 and 2014 model years, and more than 134,000 Kia Forte cars from 2012 through 2014.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Springfield Smoked Fish Recalls Smoked Salmon Because Of Possible Health Risk.
- Piller’s Fine Foods Recalls Ready-To-Eat Salami and Speck Products due to Possible Salmonella Adulteration.
- Santa Fe Importers, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products due to Possible Extraneous Material Contamination.
- Marmex Corp Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of Blue Pearl All Natural Male Enhancement Supplement, Due To Undeclared Sildenafil.
- Dairy recalls raw milk for E. coli; best-by dates through Dec. 23.
Infant & Children Products:
- Dream On Me Recalls Crib & Toddler Bed Mattresses Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard. The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Darwin’s Natural Pet Products has recalled specific production lots of its Natural Selections brand Meals for Dogs after laboratory testing detected Salmonella in samples of the products.
- Ravin Crossbows Recalls Arrow Nocks Due to Injury Hazard. If the nock is not fully engaged with the bowstring, the crossbow can fail to discharge when the trigger is pulled and can result in the bow discharging while re-nocking of the arrow, posing an injury hazard to users.
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Benches Due to Fall Hazard. The benches can tip over while in use, posing a fall hazard.
- Hunter Fan Recalls Ceiling Fans Due to Impact Injury Hazard; New Instructions Provided. The owner’s manual instructs consumers to install the light globe incorrectly and the light globe can fall, posing an impact injury hazard.
- John Deere Recalls Compact Utility Tractors Due to Injury Hazard. The rollover protective structure (ROPS) at the back of the tractor can loosen and fail to protect the operator in a rollover accident, posing a risk of injury.
- Todd Snyder Recalls Sweatshirts Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standards. The sweatshirts fail to meet federal flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a burn risk to users.
- Pier 1 Imports Recalls Decorative Glass Pumpkins Due to Laceration Hazard. The wooden stem on the top of the decorative pumpkin can detach when picked up, causing the glass pumpkin base to fall and break, posing a laceration hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com