Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
26 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Enovachem Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Dyural-40 and Dyural-80 Convenience Kits Containing Recalled Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, 0.9% Due to Latex Hazard.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP.
- Terrific Care, LLC. / Medex Supply Dist, Inc. issues Nationwide Recall of CoaguChek Test Strips.
- Ford recalling 874,000 pickup trucks in North America for fire risks. Water and contaminants may get into the block heater cable’s splice connector, causing corrosion and damage and potentially a fire.
- Toyota is issuing a recall for the 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback. The recall is for automatic Corollas only, because the culprit is the new “Direct Shift-CVT” Toyota introduced for the first time in this car. About 3,400 Corollas will be coming back to U.S. dealerships to have the entire transmission replaced.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Heartland RV is recalling 847 model year 2019 Heartland Elk Ridge, Milestone, Elk Ridge Express, Pioneer, Sundance, and Sundance XLT fifth-wheel recreational trailers. The forward reflectors on one or both sides may not have been installed.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 169 model year 2019 Keystone Montana recreational trailers. The axles may have defective welds on the spindles, potentially resulting in a spindle and wheel assembly detaching from the axle.
- Winnebago Industries is recalling 152 model year 2018-2019 Winnebago Forza motorhomes. The liquid propane (LP) lines may have been installed without edge protection where the LP lines pass through the closeout panel, possibly resulting in the lines being damaged and leaking fuel.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Adam Bros. Farming, Inc. Recalls Red and Green Leaf Lettuce and Cauliflower Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Wegmans Issues Voluntary Recall of Fresh Cauliflower Rice, Veggie/Cauliflower Rice Blend and Stir-Fry Mix with Cauliflower.
- Jennie-O Turkey Store Sales, Inc. Recalls Raw Ground Turkey Products due to Possible Salmonella Reading Contamination.
- Inspired Organics Issues Voluntary Recall of Organic Nut & Seed Butters Due to Potential Health Risk.
- Atherstone Foods Inc Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in “Greens and Grains Hummus and Quinoa Tabouleh Wrap”.
- Russ Davis Wholesale, Inc. Recalls Chicken Wrap Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Funky Chunky, Llc Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almond and Cashew Tree-Nut in 10 Oz. Nutty Choco Pop Found in Chocolate Popcorn Gift Box, Holiday Crowd Pleaser and Crowd Pleaser Gifts.
- Spokane Produce of Spokane, Wash., is recalling sandwiches containing green leaf lettuce and foodservice lettuce filets. The products may be contaminated with E. Coli O157:H7.
- Moonstruck Chocolate Company of Portland, Ore., is recalling 600 bags of Sea Salt Caramels Tumbled In Milk Chocolate. The product may contain hazelnuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Women’s Iron Complete Supplements Recalled by GNC Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning. The dietary supplement blister packaging is not child resistant, as required by federal law. If ingested by a child, these supplements could cause serious injury or death.
Infant & Children Products:
- Manhattan Toy Recalls Children’s Books Due to Choking Hazard. A metal grommet used to attach a fabric flap to a page in the book can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- The Children’s Place Services Company of Secaucus, N.J., is recalling about 15,600 infant snowsuits sold in the U.S and Canada. The metal snaps on the snowsuit can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Columbia River Natural Pet Foods Inc. Voluntarily Expands Recall to Include Cow Pie and Chicken & Vegetables Fresh Frozen Meats for Dogs and Cats Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Miles Industries Recalls Gas Fireplaces Due to Burn Hazard. The trim around the fireplaces can leak hot exhaust air, posing a burn hazard.
- Navien Recalls Tankless Water Heaters and Boilers Due to Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. A kit installed on the tankless water heaters and boilers to convert them from natural gas to propane can cause the unit to produce excessive amounts of carbon monoxide, posing a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning to consumers.
- Raj Imports of Calif., is recalling about 300 women’s scarves. The scarves fail to meet the federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries.
- Kimberly-Clark is recalling U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency, sold throughout the U.S. and Canada. The firm has received reports from consumers of the product unraveling and/or coming apart upon removal, and in some cases causing users to seek medical attention to remove tampon pieces left in the body.
- The TJX Companies of Framingham, Mass., is recalling about 23,200 glass and ceramic drawer knobs. The knobs can break or shatter when pulled, posing a laceration hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com