Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
34 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Medtronic is recalling the specified insulin pumps due to a missing or broken retainer ring which helps to lock the insulin cartridge into place in the pump’s reservoir compartment.
- Teleflex Incorporated Announces Worldwide Voluntary Recall of Comfort Flo® Humidification System.
- Belviq, Belviq XR (lorcaserin) by Eisai: Drug Safety Communication – FDA Requests Withdrawal of Weight-Loss Drug.
- Efficient Laboratories recalls Rompe Pecho cold and flu treatments. The products have been found to contain microbial contamination.
- Ford is recalling over 240,000 SUVs and cars worldwide because a suspension part can fracture and increase the risk of a crash.
- Honda is recalling 241,000 Odyssey minivans in the U.S. to fix a wiring problem that could cause a fire.
- Model year 2014-2015 Cadillac CTS-V Sport vehicles recalled. The rear wheels may lock up.
- FCA recalls 2019-20 Ram 2500 and 3500 trucks for transmission fluid leak.
- 2016 Mazda CX-5 recalled to address failing DRLs. Models equipped with LED daytime running lights may exhibit poor illumination or outright failure.
- New recall issued in 2019 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra brake software saga.
- Recalled 2006-2011 Hyundai Elantras could short and catch fire. More than 400,000 sedans and hatchback included.
- Select 2020 Jeep Wranglers recalled due to improper axle weld. Up to 3,005 vehicles might be affected.
- Tesla Inc. is recalling 15,000 Model X SUVs because of a potential issue that can lead to a loss of power steering assist that could make steering harder and increase the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone RV recalls various Crossroads trailers. A short circuit in WiFi prep wiring may pose a fire risk.
- Forest River recalls model year 2020 Vengeance trailers. The federal placard has the incorrect axle rating, tire/wheel size and tire PS.
- Forest River recalls recreational trailers with possible braking issue. The emergency break-away switch may fail.
- Textron Specialized Vehicles Recalls Gas-Powered Golf, PTV, Utility and Shuttle Off-Road Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard. The starter generator wire can be improperly secured, allowing it to come into contact with the vehicle’s exhaust, posing a fire hazard.
- Yamaha Recalls Golf Cars Due to Crash Hazard. The front wheel hubs on the golf cars can crack causing the front wheels to detach, posing a crash hazard that could result in injury or death to the user or bystander.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- New Seasons Market recalls Grab N’ Go Vegetarian Lasagna. The product contains soy, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Blendtopia Products, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Frozen Smoothie Products Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Save A Lot Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Coburn Farms 4.5oz Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese, Cherry Juice-Infused Dried Cranberries & Roasted Sea Salted Cashews Snackers.
- CJ Foods Voluntarily Recalls Annie Chun’s Japanese-Style Teriyaki Noodle Bowls Due To Undeclared Peanuts.
- Beepa’s recalls Goulash Starter. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Bakkavor Foods recalls mushroom barley soup. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Lotte Int’l America Corp Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almonds in Chocopies.
- Gourmet International and Butlers Chocolates Issue Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butlers Irish Whiskey Dark Chocolate 3.5 oz Tablet Bar.
- Voluntary Recall Notice of Sunny Select Au Jus Gravy Mix 1 oz Pouches Due to Unlabeled Dairy Allergen.
- Missa Bay LLC Issues Allergy Alert and Recall on Mislabeled Salad Product.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- The FDA is cautioning pet owners not to feed their pet’s certain Aunt Jeni’s Home Made frozen raw pet food “as it poses a serious threat to consumer and animal health.”
- Cargill recalls Nutrebeef Transition Pellet cattle feed. The product contains elevated levels of monesin.
- Rawlings recalls catcher’s helmets. The back plate of the catcher’s helmet can fail to protect the player.
- Fanim Industries Recalls Harbor Breeze Santa Ana Ceiling Fan Due to Injury Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Lowe’s Stores. The fan’s blade holders can break allowing the blade to be ejected from the fan, posing an injury hazard to consumers.
- Star Water Systems recalls sump pumps. The sump pumps can overheat, posing a risk of fire.
- DR Power Equipment recalls walk behind leaf blowers. The blades inside the leaf blower can break off and discharge from the unit.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com