Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
25 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Natureplex of Olive Branch, Mass., is recalling about 74,000 packages of Well at Walgreens Pain and Itch Relief Cream. The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The product contains lidocaine, posing a risk of poisoning to young children.
- Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc. Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Consumer Level Recall of 80 Lots of Amlodipine Valsartan Tablets USP, Valsartan HCTZ Tablets, USP and Valsartan Tablets USP, Due to the Detection of NDEA (N-Nitrosodiethylamine) Impurity.
- Flawless Beauty recalls 19 drugs sold individually or as part of multi-unit kits. The products are misbranded or unapproved new drugs.
Recalled Itch Relief Cream
- Aston Martin is recalling 1,027 model year 2017-2018 DB11 V12 Coupes and DB11 V8 Coupes. The driver’s front airbag may deploy unexpectedly due to insufficient grounding of the steering components if an electrostatic discharge occurs and the air bag clock spring is broken.
- Suzuki Motor of America is recalling 3,097 model year 2017-2018 GSX-R1000, GSX-R1000A, GSX-R1000RA, and GSX-R1000RZA motorcycles. If the rider fails to engage second gear when upshifting between first and second gear, a neutral condition will exist and may cause very high engine RPM.
- KTM North America is recalling 2,361 model year 2015-2016 1290 Super Duke R ABS, model year 2016 1290 Super Duke R SE ABS and 1290 Super Duke GT ABS and model year2017-2018 Super Duke R and1290 Super Duke GT motorcycles. The piston within the Brembo front brake master cylinder may fail.
- Indian Motorcycle Company is recalling 7,392 model year 2015-2017 Roadmaster motorcycles. Water may enter the trunk wiring harness, potentially causing the brake light to remain illuminated even when the brakes are not applied.
Recalled Suzuki Motorcycles
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River is recalling 152 model year 2018 Surveyor recreational trailers, models SVT266RLDS, SVT285IKDS, SVT285IKLE, SVT323BHLE, SVT33KRETS, SVT33KRLOK and SVT33KRLTS. The vehicles were built with a circuit breaker that allows more current that the wiring can handle, which can cause the wiring to melt, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Forest River is recalling 223 model year 2017-2018 Forest River Cherokee travel trailers. A 14-gauge and a 12-gauge neutral wire for the 110V air conditioning were connected to the same lug in the 120V panel neutral bus bar.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Whole Foods Market recalls cheesecake bars. The product may contain almond flour, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Apio Inc. Expands Voluntary Recall of Eat Smart® Salad Shake Ups™ single-serve bowls.
- Café Spice GCT recalls ready-to-eat chicken salad wraps. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- R. L. Zeigler Co., Inc. Recalls Chicken and Pork Red Hot Sausage Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Products Pacheco recalls bakery products. The products may contain numerous allergens not declared on the label.
- Sun Noodle recalls Tonkotsu Ramen. The flavor packet contains sardines, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Ottogi America recalls Rice Cake Soup. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Break Ventures/California Basics recalls Zero for Him. The dietary supplement may be contaminated with Salmonella.
Recalled Whole Foods Cheesecake
Infant & Children Products:
- Rockler Companies of Medina, Minn., is recalling about 2,300 Murphy Bed hardware kits. The hardware kits used to secure the wooden wall enclosures to the wall studs do not provide sufficient bracing support, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
- Multipro Bassinet is recalling about 1,000 bassinets that fail to meet the mandatory federal safety standard for bassinets and cradles, posing fall and entrapment hazards to babies.
- Fashion Accessory Bazaar recalls fidget spinner keychains. The center post on the fidget spinner can become loose or fall out.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- JustFoodForDogs (JFFD) of Los Alamitos, Calif., is recalling its Beef & Russet Potato, Fish & Sweet Potato and Turducken dog food meals. The green beans used in the meals may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Columbia River Natural Pet Foods Inc. is expanding a recall of frozen raw meats for dogs and cats. State tests revealed Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella in samples of the products. Both pathogens can cause serious and sometimes fatal illnesses in people as well as dogs and cats.
Recalled Dog Food
- Panasonic Corporation of North America is recalling about 885 Panasonic 55-inch flat screen LED/LCD televisions with tabletop swivel stands sold in the U.S and Canada. The mounting screws that connect the swivel stand to the TV can come loose and cause the TV to tip over and fall off the stand unexpectedly, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in injuries or death to children.
Recalled Flat Screen TV
- Bed Bath & Beyond recalls Hudson Comforter. Mold can be present, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections.
- Elkay Sales of Oak Brook, Ill., is recalling about 31,600 Elkay and Halsey Taylor water coolers and bottle filling stations. Internal screws that secure the grounding wire can break and allow the grounding wire to become loose, posing a shock hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com