Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
16 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc. Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Consumer Level Recall of 80 Lots of Amlodipine Valsartan Tablets USP, Valsartan HCTZ Tablets, USP and Valsartan Tablets USP, Due to the Detection of NDEA (N-Nitrosodiethylamine) Impurity.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP.
- Results RNA LLC Issues Voluntary Worldwide/Nationwide Recall of Lubrisine Eye Drops Due to Manufacturing Sterility Concerns and Undeclared Colloidal Silver.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Ceftriaxone for Injection USP, 250mg, 500mg, 1g and 2g.
- Terrific Care/Medex Supply is recalling Roche CoaguChek test strips distributed directly to consumers via its website/phone calls/fax of All Catalog/REF Numbers that DO NOT END IN 160. The recalled products have been found to inaccurately report high INR (clotting) test results.
- Ford is recalling more than 953,000 vehicles worldwide to replace Takata passenger airbag inflators that can explode and hurl shrapnel. The move includes over 782,000 vehicles in the U.S. and is part of the largest series of recalls in U.S. history. Included are the 2010 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX, the 2010 and 2011 Ford Ranger, the 2010 to 2012 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ, the 2010 and 2011 Mercury Milan, and the 2010 to 2014 Ford Mustang.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds.
- Alabama’s R. L. Zeigler Company Inc. recalled more than 11,600 pounds of ready-to-eat (RTE) poultry and meat sausage products after receiving consumer complaints about extraneous materials, specifically metal, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
- Chukar brand Amaretto Rainiers Cherries recalled. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Olde York Potato Chips Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in One Lot of Clancy’s Wavy Potato Chips 10 Oz.
- Cape Breton Fudge Co. is recalling Cape Breton Coal candy containing walnuts, an allergen not declared on the label. There has been one reported reaction tied to the consumption of the recalled product.
- Hy-Vee recalls cheesecake for possible Salmonella contamination.
- Bulk Barn Foods recalls Coco Polo brand Dark Cocoa Bars. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Oskri Organics Corporation Recalls Oskri Organic Sunflower Butter Lot #099, Oskri Tahini Butter Lot #193 and Thrive Sunflower Butter Lot #233 Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Woodlot Shop of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, is recalling 1,581 13.5-oz. candles containing two wicks sold in Canada. Once the candle has been lit, there is a risk of the glass jar cracking which may pose a laceration hazard and a risk of wax spilling which may pose a burn or fire hazard.
- Loblaw Companies Limited is recalling 847 sets of Life at Home Indoor 50 Count Icicle Microdot lights. The product contains a potential manufacturing defect.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com