Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
26 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Mavidon Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall of Manufactured Products Including Lemonprep® Tubes And Single Use Cups Pediaprep® Tubes And Single Use Cups Wave Prep® Tubes And Single Use Cups Cardio Prep Single Use Cups Due To Burkholderia Cepacia Contamination.
- Stryker Launches Voluntary Field Action for Specific Units of The LIFEPAK® 15 Monitor/Defibrillator.
- Appco Pharma LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ranitidine Hydrochloride Capsules 150 mg and 300 mg Due to an Elevated Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA).
- Denton Pharma, Inc. dba Northwind Pharmaceuticals Voluntarily Recalls All Unexpired Lots of its Ranitidine Tablets and Ceases Distribution, Due to Possible Presence of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity.
- Mylan Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Three Lots of Nizatidine Capsules, USP, Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of NDMA (N-Nitrosodimethylamine) Impurity Found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Manufactured by Solara Active Pharma Sciences Limited.
- Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Lamotrigine Tablets USP, 100 mg, 100 Count Bottles.
- More generic Zantac drugs recalled as fears linger over cancer risk. Officials discovered low levels of a probable carcinogen in the heartburn drug.
- Mercedes-Benz is recalling roughly 750,000 cars because the vehicles’ sunroofs could potentially detach and fly off, causing road hazards.
- Subaru recalls model year 2019 Ascents. The transmission hydraulic sensor may inaccurately measure the hydraulic fluid pressure.
- Model year 2020 Range Rover Evoques recalled. The metal plate could detach from the headliner during deployment of side curtain airbags.
- Takata is recalling 10 million replacement air bag inflators in the United States, the largest ever auto safety recall in history.
- Piaggio recalls model year 2020 Moto Guzzi V 85 TT motorcycles. The final drive output seal may leak oil onto the rear tire.
- Piaggio Group Americas is recalling 399 model year 2020 Moto Guzzi V 85 TT motorcycles. The footrest mounting pin retaining clip may break, allowing the pin to disconnect and the footrest to fall off the motorcycle.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River recalls model year 2020 XLR Boost trailers. The trailer has an incorrect size axle, rim/tire combination.
- Entegra recalls model year 2018-2020 Qwest motorhomes. The liquid propane tank may become dislodged.
- Jayco recalls model year 2018-2020 Melbourne Prestige motorhomes. The liquid propane (LP) tank hangers may be the wrong size and have insufficient welding, allowing the LP tank to dislodge.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Lipari Foods Issues Recall of Various Wedge Deli Sandwiches Due to Potential Contamination of Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Purely Elizabeth Recalls Pouches of Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola Recall Due to a Mislabeling Error That Has Resulted in an Undeclared Allergen.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams has initiated a voluntary recall of three batches of Cold Brew with Coconut Cream Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert pints because they may contain an undeclared milk allergen.
- Fresh Location Announces Product Recall Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Culinary International, LLC Recalls Chicken Burrito Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Sprouts Unlimited recalls clover sprouts. The product may be contaminated with Escherichia coli O103 bacteria.
Infant & Children Products:
- Thesaurus Global Marketing Recalls Tricycles Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Ban; Risk of Poisoning; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com. Paint on the canopy’s frame contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban and tricycle components contain levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban.
- Libbey Glass Recalls Milk Bottles Due to Laceration Hazard. The bottles can break unexpectedly during use, posing a laceration hazard.
- The Toro Company is recalling 356 model year 2017-2019 LC922 towable log splitters, models 22618 and 22618HD. The tow bolts that secure the log splitter connection to the tow vehicle may fail while the splitter is being moved.
- Boston Warehouse Trading Corp. Recalls Holiday Travel Mugs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Meijer Stores. The mugs are mislabeled as microwave safe. If microwaved, the metallic print on the mug can spark, posing a fire hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com