Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
20 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics: FDA Requires Labeling Changes Due to Low Blood Sugar Levels and Mental Health Side Effects.
- Automobili Lamborghini is recalling 1,700 model year 2012-2018 Lamborghini Aventador Coupes and Roadsters. The engine may stall unexpectedly, posing a crash risk.
- Porsche recalls various Panamera model vehicles. The connecting links may detach from the rear-axle anti-roll bar.
- Indian Motorcycle Company is recalling 4,185 model year 2017-2018 Indian Scout, Scout Sixty, and Scout Bobber motorcycles. The Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) may have air left in the system after the assembly process which can reduce brake effectiveness, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone recalls Cougar recreational trailers The outdoor propane grill may not have enough clearance from the heated area.
- Thor recalls motorhomes built on modified Ford E-450 chassis. The axle may separate and cause a loss of control.
- Forest River Salem and Wildwood recreational trailers recalled. The trailers could suffer axle failure.
- Newmar recalls Mountain Aire, London Aire, Essex and King Aire motorhomes. The vehicles’ windshield wiper arms may not contact the windshield properly.
- Grand Design recalls Solitude fifth-wheel trailers. The liquid propane gas line may contact the underside of the hot grill.
- REV Recreation Group recalls Fleetwood Flair and Holiday Rambler Class A motorhomes. The vehicles could experience an electrical short, increasing the risk of a fire.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- The Beautiful Pig, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat And Raw Pork And Beef Products Produced Without The Benefit Of Inspection And Shipped Under U.S. Retention.
- Afandina Halal Recalls Raw Chicken Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
- AJ International Trading recalls Wulama brand Fish Tofu. The product may contain egg, and sesame allergens not declared on the label.
- Halal poultry products recalled for missing inspection. Long Island City, NY-based Afandina Halal, has recalled an undetermined amount of raw poultry products that were produced, packaged and distributed without the benefit of federal inspection.
Infant & Children Products:
- Saje recalls Splish Splash Gentle Baby Wash. The product may contain Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria.
- Allura Recalls Children’s Sleepwear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s pajamas fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Listeria, E. coli contamination triggers recall of raw pet food. Radagast Pet Food Inc. has recalled three lots of raw cat food that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- IKEA Recalls 16,700 Pet Water Dispensers After 2 Dogs Die. Animals can suffocate if their heads get stuck in the water tank.
- Burton Recalls Snowboard Boots Due to Fall Hazard. The boots can release from the binding unexpectedly, posing a fall hazard to the user.
- ORTOVOX Recalls Avalanche Transceivers Due to Loss of Emergency Communications Capability. The transceiver can fail to work properly due to a software error and fail to transmit the position of survivors of an avalanche, resulting in delayed search and rescue operations.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com