Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
21 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Ranier’s Rx Laboratory Issues Voluntary Recall of All Sterile Compounded Products Within Expiry Due to Lack of Sterility Concerns.
- King Bio recalls Aquaflora Candida HP9, Lymph Detox, and Baby Teething liquids. The products contain various microbial contaminants.
Recalled Sterile Compounded
- Mazda North American Operations is recalling 682 model year 2018 Mazda CX-5s. In the event of a side impact or rollover crash, the side curtain airbags may not unfold properly during deployment.
- Bugatti is recalling model year 2018 Chirons. The heat shield for the gas generator for the side airbags may have been installed incorrectly during the airbag manufacturing process, potentially reducing the airbag’s performance.
- Twenty V12 Twin-Turbo G-Wagens Recalled Because They Can Go Too Quick in Reverse.
- Suzuki recalls model year 2018 DR-Z400S and DR-Z400SM motorcycles. The brake lamp may not illuminate properly.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2016-2018 Thor Gemini and Compass recreational vehicles recalled. Water entering the tow modules can cause and electrical short.
- Forest River is recalling 64 model year 2019 Forest River Wildwood and Salem recreational trailers. The break-away safety switch may have been improperly wired so that it is not connected to a constant power source, thereby possibly preventing the trailer brakes from automatically applying if the trailer were to separate from the tow vehicle.
Recalled Recreational Vehicle
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Pepperidge Farm® Announces Voluntary Recall of Four Varieties of Goldfish® Crackers.
- Flowers Foods Issues Voluntary Recall on Mrs. Freshley’s and Other Brands of Swiss Rolls and Captain John Derst’s Old Fashioned Bread.
- Kraft Heinz Voluntarily Recalls Taco Bell Salsa Con Queso Mild Cheese Dip Distributed to Retailers.
- TeaSource Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almonds in Product.
- Lipari Foods Issues Voluntary Recall of Premo Brand & Fresh Grab Turkey & Swiss Submarine Sandwiches Due to Potential Contamination of Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Food Lion brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips recalled. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- GiftTree recalls Sherman Candy Caramels. The product may contain pecans, walnuts, almonds and/or peanuts, allergens not declared on the label.
- AMPI Recalls Limited Amount of Dry Whey Powder Because of Possible Health Risk.
Recalled Goldfish® Crackers
Recalled Potato Chips
Infant & Children Products:
- JCPenney Recalls Okie Dokie Denim Patches Shortie Shorts Due to Choking Hazard. The patches on the shorts can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Hirsch Gift Recalls Wireless Charging Pads Due to Burn Hazard. The wireless phone chargers can overheat while in use, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
- Jimmy Hack Golf Recalls Golf Swing Trainers Due to Injury Hazard. The orange ball can detach from the trainer while in use, posing an injury hazard to the user and bystanders.
- Trek Recalls Bontrager Line Pro Bicycle Pedals Due to Fall Hazard. The spindle of one or both of the pedals can break, posing a fall hazard.
Recalled Bicycle Pedal
- Ross Stores Recalls Bistro Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The chair’s frame can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com