Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
22 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Cantrell Drug Company Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Sterile Drug Products Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Apace Packaging LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Cyclobenzaprine HCL and Amantadine HCL (Lot 16710) Due to Potential Mislabeling.
- ICU Medical Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter.
- Compounded Triamicinolone and Moxifloxacin Product for Intravitreal Injection by Guardian Pharmacy Services: Alert to Health Professionals – Serious Adverse Events Reported.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is recalling 100,082 model year 2007-2013 Outlanders. Water may drop between the hood and the windshield and leak into the wiper motor breathing hole, causing internal corrosion of the windshield wiper motor and the possible failure of the motor.
- Kawasaki recalls model year 2017 Versys-X 300 motorcycles. A loose tail/brake light socket may allow the bulb to fall out.
- Triumph Motorcycles America is recalling 655 model year 2017-2018 Triumph Street Cup motorcycles. The wiring harness for the hazard warning lights may be pulled and strained during normal steering action.
- Zero Motorcycles is recalling ten model year 2017 S ZF6.5, S ZF13.0, DSP ZF13.0, and SR ZF13.0 motorcycles. If the turn signal stops working, the turn signal flasher may not change its flash rate to alert the operator.
- BMW of North America is recalling 14,626 model year 2014-2017 BMW R1200GS and BMW R1200GS Adventure motorcycles. The motorcycle fixed fork tube may separate from the pressed in seal plug that secures the tube to the upper triple clamp.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone RV recalls model year 2016-2017 Outback travel trailers. The vehicles have an incorrect drawbar installed to tow the travel trailer.
- Polaris Recalls RZR 170 Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fuel Leak, Fire Hazards. The fuel tank neck can crack or the wiring harness can overheat or short circuit, posing fuel leak and fire hazards.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Hy-Vee, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Hy-Vee Brand Pizzas.
- Stefano’s Foods, Inc. Recalls Meat Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen.
- Vibrant Health Products Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Egg In LiveGfree Gluten Free Classic Soft White Hamburger Buns.
- FDA Investigates Multiple Salmonella Outbreak Strains Linked to Papayas.
- EZ Weight Loss TX LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Atomic and Xplode Capsules Due to the Presence of Undeclared Sibutramine.
- Super Panther 7K by Ultra Shop Supplement: Recall – Undeclared Drug Ingredients.
Infant & Children Products:
- Really Good Stuff Recalls Magnetic Dry Erase Boards Due to Laceration Hazard (Recall Alert). The thin magnetic metal surface can separate from the product’s wooden board, posing a laceration hazard.
- iRover Recalls Self-Balancing Scooters/Hoverboards Due to Fire Hazard. The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
- Quality Foam Recalls Mattresses Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard. The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
- Outxpro Mosquito Zapper LED Light Bulbs Recalled by R & D Products Due to Shock Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com (Recall Alert). The LED light bulb’s base can separate from the connector, posing an electrical shock hazard.
- Nestlé Waters North America Recalls AccuPure Water Dispensers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert). The dispensers can overheat and smoke, posing fire and burn hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com