Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
21 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Novo Nordisk Recalls Cartridge Holders In Certain Novopen Echo® Insulin Delivery Devices Due to Potential Health Risks.
- Oscor Inc. Issues Nationwide Recall of ATAR Extension Cables.
- Fuel pump flanges used in Volkswagens, Audis and Porsches recalled. The flange may crack allowing fuel to leak.
- Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 4,926 model year 2010-2011 XJs. If, while being serviced, the vehicle does not successfully receive an update to the Restraint Control Module (RCM) software, the default air bag calibration settings may be incorrect.
- Aston Martin the Americas is recalling 179 model year 2011-2014 V8 Vantage vehicles equipped with 7-speed Auto-Shift Manual “SportShift II” transmissions. A connector for the clutch fluid line may break, resulting in a hydraulic fluid leak, which may prevent the vehicle from shifting out of the gear that it is in.
Updating RCM software
- KTM recalls model year 2016-2017 KTM 690 Duke motorcycles. The motorcycles may leak fuel from filler cap area of the fuel tank.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 26 model year 2016-2017 Wonder motorhomes, model W24MB. The frame extension adapter may be missing some supplemental attaching bolts.
- Triple E recalls model year 2017 Wonder motorhomes. The open door for the Truma water heater can block the furnace air intake and exhaust.
- Cub Cadet Recalls Utility Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. Air in the brake system can cause brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the user or bystander.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Voluntary Recall of CLIF BUILDER’S Bar Chocolate Mint Flavor, CLIF Kid Zbar Protein Chocolate Mint and CLIF Kid Zbar Protein Chocolate Chip Flavors.
- Willow Tree Poultry Farm recalls chicken salad. The product contains tuna, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Raja Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk In “Anarkali Peshawari Naan Bread. Upc 0-51179-99605-2. Manufactured July 1st, 2015 Thru July 1st, 2017″
- Dierbergs Markets recalls various deli products. The products contain milk and/or fish, allergens not declared on the label.
- Vinh Hoan USA recalls Swai fillets. The products imported into the U.S. without meeting federal requirements.
- Global Lamsheng Kee recalls frozen fish. The products may contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Overhill Farms of Vernon, Calif., is recalling approximately 54,630 pounds of chicken bites products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials — specifically pieces of bone.
- Inspectors found Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of St Laurent brand butter, spurring the company Maurice St-Laurent Limitée to recall an undisclosed amount of the butter.
Recalled Anarkali Peshawari Naan Bread
Overhill Farms chicken bites
Infant & Children Products:
- Burt’s Bees Baby Recalls Infant Coveralls Due to Choking Hazard. The snap at the crotch of the coveralls can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- ADM Animal Nutrition is recalling 50-pound bags of Rough-N-Ready 14 BT cattle feed, product number 54787BHB24. The product contains levels of monensin elevated beyond the recommended dosage, which can be toxic to cattle and can cause colic-like symptoms, hypokalemia, myoglobinuria, chronic cardiovascular issues, and possible death.
Rough-N-Ready Cattle Feed
- Lumicentro Internacional with Home Depot Recalls Crystal Chandeliers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The halogen bulbs sold with the chandeliers can melt parts of the fixture, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Design Solutions International with Home Depot Recalls Light Fixtures Due to Laceration and Burn Hazards. The light shades can detach and fall, posing laceration and burn hazards.
Recalled Crystal Chandelier
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com