Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
31 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate for Injection, USP, 40mg, 125mg, and 1g Due to High Out of Specification Impurity Results.
- Hospira Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall for Hydromorphone HCL Injection, USP CII Due to The Potential for Empty or Cracked Glass Vials.
- Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 7,090 model year 2018 Range Rover Velars. The air inlet door linkages for the ventilation system may detach, preventing the system from clearing fog or condensation from the windshield and windows.
- Hyundai is recalling certain 2011 model-year Sonata midsize sedans, saying the airbags may not inflate in a crash. Hyundai says in a government filing that the airbag control unit may short circuit in a crash and prevent the front and side airbags from inflating and the seatbelts from tightening.
- Husqvarna Motorcycles Recalls Closed Course Competition Motorcycles Due to Crash Hazard. The front brake master cylinder piston can crack, resulting in brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the rider.
- Harley-Davidson Motor Company is recalling 895 Detachable Saddlebags. The saddlebag latching arm, part number 90200481, may disengage, allowing the saddlebag to separate from the motorcycle during driving.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 65 model year 2018-2019 Outlaw recreational vehicles, model 29J. The sofa seat belt bracket may not meet strength requirements and may not restrain an occupant adequately in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
- Forest River is recalling nine model year 2018 Crossfit vehicles, models CFB22CF, CFB22CFEB and CFB22DF, built on Ford Transit chassis equipped with a trailer tow module. Water can enter the tow modules and corrode the wiring causing issues such as rapidly flashing turn signals, loss of instrument panel display, an electrical short and possibly the deployment of seatbelt pretensioner.
- Winnebago Industries is recalling 101 model year 2018-2019 Winnebago Revel vehicles. The roof luggage rack mounting brackets may crack, allowing the luggage rack to detach from the roof of the vehicle. If the luggage rack detaches from the roof while the vehicle is being driven, it can increase the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls model year 2016-2018 Forest River XLR Toyhaulers. The safety chains do not exceed the trailer’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- J Bar B Foods recalls chicken sausage links. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Kansas City Baking Company recalls ready-to-eat meat products. The products contain wheat, eggs, soy and milk, allergens not declared on the label.
- Heartland Catfish Company Recalls Siluriformes Fish Products Due to Possible Adulteration.
- Kodiak Cakes Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Kodiak Cakes Blueberry Chia Energy Waffles 10.72 oz. Product UPC code is 7 05599 01215 0.
- IDLife, LLC is voluntarily recalling its line of Protein Bars (Lot #s PR33471, PR31771, & PR31971), Snack Bars (Lot #s SN32071 & SN30771), and Kids Bars (Lot #s A3617-1 & 03047-1), because they may contain undeclared allergens.
- Ciolo Foods Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Tree Nuts in “Ciolo Nut-Free Basil”.
- E. coli prompts recall of more than 7 tons of ground beef, pork. Brothers Choice brand beef patties, ground beef included in list of recalled products.
- New York State Agriculture Commissioner Richard A. Ball warns consumers not to eat The Maiden’s Creamery “Wild Meadow” raw goat milk cheese made in South New Berlin because of possible Listeria contamination.
- Starwest Botanicals Inc. Product Recalls Organic Cardamom Pods Green (Whole) Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- PDX Aromatics Recalls Kratom Powder Because Of Possible Health Risk.
- Midwest Northern Nut Issues Voluntary Allergy Alert On Various Undeclared Allergens In Their Nut And Seed Snack Products.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Redbarn Pet Products, LLC of Long Beach, CA is expanding their voluntarily recall initially issued on February 9th. The recall expanded to include all lots of product manufactured with raw material from a single supplier because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Raw Basics, LLC. Recalls Tucker’s 5lb Pork-Bison Box Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
- Blue Ridge Beef recalls Kitten Grind raw pet food. The product may be contaminated with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes.
- Steve’s Real Food recalls Raw Frozen Dog Food Turkey Canine Recipe. The product may be contaminated with salmonella.
- First Aid Research Recalls Maximum Strength Bacitraycin Plus Ointment With Lidocaine Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement. The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The pain relieving ointment contains lidocaine, posing a risk of poisoning to young children if they put it on their skin or ingest it.
- Goodman Manufacturing Recalls Modular Blowers Due to Fire Hazard. The labels found on the serial plate have incorrect electrical information that could result in installers and servicers using undersized wiring or incorrect fuse/circuit breaker parts, posing a fire hazard.
- InSinkErator® Recalls SinkTop™ Switch Accessory for Garbage Disposals Due to Fire Hazard. Water can get into the power module, posing a fire hazard.
- Topson Downs Recalls Cat & Jack Girls’ Star Studded Jeans Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target. The metal stars can detach, posing a laceration hazard.
- Woodstream Recalls Mosquito Magnet Traps Due to Injury Hazard. The recalled mosquito traps can become damaged if cleaning it while powered on with the company’s Quick Clear Cartridge kits and can propel broken pieces of the regulator, posing an injury hazard to consumers.
- Golden State Warriors Menorahs Recalled by BDA Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The glue that holds the menorah’s candleholders can melt causing the candleholders and the lit candles to fall off, posing fire and burn hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com