Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
35 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Mylan Institutional LLC Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levoleucovorin Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter.
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API).
- Ferrari North America is recalling 2,150 model year 2017 LaFerrari Apertas, model year 2018-2019 488 GTBs, GTC4Lusso Ts, GTC4Lussos, 488 Spiders, 812 Superfasts, and model year 2019 488 Pistas. The fuel vapor separator may crack and allow fuel to leak which, in the presence of an ignition source, may increase the risk of fire.
- KTM North America is recalling 1,588 model year 2015-2016 1290 Super Adventure motorcycles. Fuel may leak from the fuel tank cover mounting insert area. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
- Kawasaki Motors U.S.A. is recalling 497 model year 2019 Z900 ABS, Z900 RS ABS & Z900 RS CAFE ABS motorcycles. The ABS hydraulic unit may have been contaminated with debris during the manufacturing process, possibly resulting in the front or rear wheel locking up when braking while riding. If the front or rear wheel locks up while braking, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
- Triumph Motorcycles America is recalling 12,654 model year 2016-2019 Bonneville T120 and Bonneville T120 Black, model year 2017-2019 Bonneville T100 and T100 Black, model year 2017-2018 Street Cup and Street Scrambler, and model year 2016-2018 Street Twin motorcycles. The clutch cable may contact the main harness cover and cause damage to wiring within the main harness. This may lead to a loss of electrical power to various electrical circuits.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River is recalling 2,454 model year 2019 Flagstaff and Rockwood recreational trailers. The break-away safety switch may be improperly wired, and as a result, the trailer brakes will not apply in the event that the trailer disconnects from the tow vehicle. The trailer’s inability to apply the brakes in the event of a separation can increase the risk of crash.
- Forest River is recalling 25 model year 2019 Forest River Wildwood recreational trailers. The federal placard indicates an incorrect front tire pressure of 110 PSI, whereas the correct PSI of the front, rear and spare tires is 80 PSI. Overinflating a tire may result in tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls model year 2019 Forest River Columbus recreational trailers. The trailer may separate from the tow vehicle.
- Model year 2019 Cherokee recreational trailers recalled. The federal placard contains incorrect tire size information.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Janes brand “Pub Style – Chicken Nuggets – Breaded Chicken Cutlettes” recalled in connection with Salmonella outbreak.
- Tyson Foods, Inc., a Rogers, Ark. establishment, is recalling approximately 69,093 pounds of frozen, ready-to-eat chicken strip products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Monster Energy recalls beverages because of risk from glass fragments. Monster Energy distributed the implicated “Caffé Monster Salted Caramel Energy Drink” nationwide in Canada.
- Surtidoras Bakery recalls marble, banana and blueberry muffins. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Century Snacks LLC Recalls Snak Club Honey Bliss Nut Mix Due to Undeclared Allergen.
- North Country Smokehouse Recalls Ready-To-Eat Sausage Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Greenyard Frozen France has recalled frozen green beans because they could contain parts of a poisonous plant commonly known as jimsom weed or jimsonweed.
- Better Made Snack Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 10 Ounce $3.99 Original Potato Chips.
- Henry Avocado Corporation is voluntarily recalling California-grown whole avocados sold in bulk at retail stores because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Choice Canning recalls chicken fried rice. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Tip Top Poultry, Inc., a Rockmart, Ga. establishment, is recalling approximately 100 pounds of frozen, fully cooked diced white chicken meat products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens. The products contain soy, a known allergen, which is not declared on the product label.
- La Rosita Fresh Market Inc. Recalls Ground Beef Products due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination.
- Two Brothers Pork Skins Recalls Pork Skin Products Due to Misbranding and Failure to Produce Under A HACCP Plan.
- Ata Int. Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of BLUEFUSION Capsules, due to presence of Undeclared Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Desmethyl carbodenafil, Dithiodesmethyl carbodenafil, Scutellarin and Daidzein.
Infant & Children Products:
- Kingston Pharma of Massena, N.Y., is recalling one lot of DG/health NATURALS baby Cough Syrup + Mucus. The product may be contaminated with Bacillus cereus/ Bacillus circulans, which can produce two forms of gastrointestinal illness.
- Bulk Unlimited Recalls Children’s Globes Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The globe’s internal wires can short out and overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Brush Art recalls WIC nutrition plates. The plates are incorrectly labeled as microwave-safe.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition (Hill’s) expanded its worldwide recall late last week to include 85 total lots of 33 varieties of canned, wet dog food, according to a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recall notice dated March 21, 2019.
- Weatherbeeta USA Recalls Riding Saddles Due to Fall Hazard. The recalled saddles were manufactured with screws that were too short, causing the girth of the saddle to detach from the tree of the saddle, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
- myStromer Recalls Electric Bicycles Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. The bicycle stem can break, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.
- O’Brien Watersports recalls water skis. The skis can detach from the binding during a fall.
- Air King America Recalls Wall-Mounted Range Hoods Due to Injury Hazard. The wall mounting anchors provided with the range hoods do not adequately secure the hood to the wall, posing an injury hazard to the consumer.
- Kubota Recalls Zero Turn Mowers Due to Fire Hazard. The throttle cable can make contact with internal electric wiring, posing a fire hazard.
- American Honda Recalls Portable Generators Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The portable generator can leak gasoline from the fuel valve, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Alpha Guardian Recalls Stack-On Gun Safes Due to Lock Failure and Injury Hazard. A bolt malfunction can cause the safe to open without the use of a key or combination, allowing access to any firearms stored inside, posing an injury hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com