Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
23 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Neurovascular Stents Used for Stent-Assisted Coiling (SAC): Letter to Health Care Providers – Recommendations Associated With the Use of These Devices in the Treatment of Unruptured Brain Aneurysms.
- Fabius Anesthesia Machines by Dräger Medical: Class I Recall – Due to Production Step Error.
- Vyaire Medical AirLife Resuscitation Device & Broselow Convenience Kit by Vyaire Medical: Class I Recall – Due to Risk of Malfunction Caused by Error in Product Design.
- FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of B. cepacia Complex Linked to Medline Remedy Essentials No-Rinse Cleansing Foam.
- Piperacillin and Tazobactam for Injection, USP 3.375 g Vials by AuroMedics Pharma: Recall – Vials Contain Particulate Matter.
- Ampicillin and Sulbactam for Injection USP, 3 g Single-Dose Vials by AuroMedics Pharma: Recall – Presence of Red Particulate Matter.
- Kia Motors America has issued a recall for over 27,000 units of its 2017 Niro vehicles. The company reports that the Hydraulic Clutch Actuator (HCA) inner oil seal may leak, which could cause oil to accumulate in the cap area and cause an electrical short. These types of shorts can increase the risk of a fire.
- Automobili Lamborghini is recalling 11 model year 2017 Lamborghini Centenario Coupes and Centenario Roadsters. The vehicles’ certification labels may have an incorrect weight limit, which can cause them to be overloaded. An overloaded vehicle may increase the risk of suspension or tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Volkswagen to recall 411,000 cars over rear seatbelt problem. German carmaker Volkswagen will recall about 220,000 of its new Polo vehicles in the coming weeks due to a problem with the rear seatbelt lock.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- KZRV issues recall for certain recreational trailers. The Solera Smart Arm awnings may deploy while the trailer is moving.
- Supreme Corporation recalls certain Kold King vehicles. The floor frame rail can detach and cause injury.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- The USDA announced that Pinnacle Foods is conducting a recall on Beef Products due to a possible incorrect processing procedure. The recalled products were sold under the brand name(s) Armour.
- illy Recalls 8.8-Ounce Whole Bean Coffee Cans Due to Injury Hazard. The coffee bean can lid can detach suddenly with force upon opening when missing an air valve on the bottom, posing an injury hazard.
- Sugarfina, Inc. Issues Allergen Labeling Alert for Undeclared Eggs in Sugar Cookies Product.
- Kroger Supplier Recalls 35,000 Pounds of Ground Beef That May Contain Plastic Pieces.
- Eddy Packing Co. Inc. recalled approximately 49,558 pounds of smoked sausage products that may be contaminated with foreign matter, specifically hard plastic, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
- Consumers who have unpasteurized, raw milk from Pool Forge Dairy should immediately throw it out and monitor themselves and their children for symptoms of Listeria infection for the next 70 days.
Infant & Children Products:
- Tobi Recalls Babynest Crib Bumpers Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively Online at babybay.us. The strings on the crib bumper exceed a safe length, posing a strangulation hazard to babies.
- Munchkin Recalls Waterpede Bath Toys Due to Choking Hazard. The bath toy can break apart exposing small parts, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Hauck Fun For Kids Recalls Go-Karts Due to Laceration and Collision Hazards. The steering wheel on the go-kart can detach, break or crack while in use, posing a laceration and/or collision hazard to young children.
- Specialized Bicycle Components Recalls Bicycles with Stout Cranks Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The driveside crankarm can disengage and cause the rider to lose control, posing fall and injury hazards.
- ALDI Recalls Deep Fryers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The deep fryer heating element can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Women’s Scarves Recalled by Wrapables Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The women’s scarves fail to meet the federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com