Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
27 Recalls to be aware this week.
- AmEx Pharmacy Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall for one Lot of Bevacizumab 1.25mg/0.05mL 31 G Syringe Due to Reported Defective Delivery System.
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection, USP, 60mg/2mL (30mg per mL) Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Par Pharmaceutical, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Mycophenolate Mofetil for Injection, USP Due to the Presence of a Glass Fragment Observed in One Vial of Reconstituted Product.
- Vivimed Life Sciences Pvt Ltd Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg Tablets, USP Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitroso-N-methyl-4-aminobutyric acid (NMBA) Impurity.
- GM recalls 368,000 heavy-duty trucks for fire risks. The recall covers some 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 4500, 5500 and 6500 trucks, 2017-2019 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500 and 3500 trucks equipped with Duramax 6.6 liter diesel engines and an optional engine-block heater, including 324,000 U.S vehicles. The engine block heater cord or the terminals may short circuit and fail.
- Subaru of America is recalling 511 model year 2009-2013 Foresters, model year 2008-2011 Imprezas, model year 2008-2014 WRXs, model year 2005-2014 Legacys, model year 2005-2014 Outbacks and model year 2006-2008 Tribecas equipped with a mechanical key ignition switch installed as a replacement part. The ignition switch may move out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Mazda recalls 2016-2018 Mazda3s for faulty windshield wipers. Due to a faulty relay, the wipers on some 2016-2018 Mazda Mazda3s might stop functioning. The recall potentially affects 187,798 cars.
- Chevrolet issues Trax recall due to detaching control arms. Chevrolet discovered that the lower control arms could partially detach from the vehicle and cause a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2018-2019 Dutchmen Kodiak recreational trailers recalled. The tire may contact the underside of the floor, possibly resulting in tire failure.
- TMC recalls Thor Chateau, Four Winds, Magnitude & Omni motorhomes. The backup camera image may be reversed.
- Fleetwood Flair and Holiday Rambler Admiral motorhomes recalled. The auxiliary batteries may short circuit.
- Jayco recalls Precept, Alante and Precept Prestige motorhomes. The blower motor wiring may overheat.
- Forest River recalls 2019 Rockwood and Flagstaff recreational trailers. The wiring for the front bedroom air conditioning may be faulty.
- Forest River recalls model year 2018 Dynamax Isata vehicles. The vehicle could experience an unintended rollaway.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Danone North America is recalling 3,521 cases of Light & Fit Greek Crunch Nonfat Yogurt & Toppings S’Mores Flavor. Some of the toppers on the product contain peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Tyson Foods Inc significantly expanded a recall of frozen, ready-to-eat chicken strips to close to 12 million pounds over contamination concerns. The Department’s Food Safety and Inspection Service said it was aware of six complaints from consumers who found pieces of metal in the product.
- Conagra Brands, Inc. Recalls Chicken Pad Thai and Chicken Fried Rice Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Life Rising Corporation Recalls Chinese Herbal Supplements Because of Possible Health Risk.
- BRP Recalls Snowmobiles Due to Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard. The vehicle’s fuel delivery system can leak fuel, posing a fire hazard.
- Tween Brands Recalls Light Up Bed Canopies Due to Fire and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Justice. The canopy lights can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Ruggable recalls shag rugs. The rug’s shag cover fails to meet the federal flammability standard.
- Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.) of Warwick, R.I., is recalling about 4,300 Vitodens boilers sold in the U.S., and Canada. The boiler heat exchanger back plate can corrode and leak flue gases, allowing the boiler to emit excessive amounts of carbon monoxide, posing a poisoning hazard.
- FIRMAN Power Equipment Recalls Portable Generators Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Costco. The generator’s carbon canister can leak gas, posing a fire hazard.
- DAVIDsTEA Recalls Valentine’s Day Stackable Mugs Due to Fire Hazard. The mugs were mislabeled as microwave safe. If microwaved, the metallic print on the mug can spark, posing a fire hazard.
- Starbucks Recalls Bodum Recycled Coffee Presses Due to Laceration Hazard. The coffee press’ plunger knob can break and expose the metal rod, posing a laceration hazard.
- Bodum recalls stove top espresso makers. The handle can ignite from the flame of a gas stove.
- Greenfield World Trade Recalls Food Dehydrators Due to Fire Hazard. The food dehydrator can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com