Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
26 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Midazolam Injection, USP, 2 mg/2 mL by Fresenius Kabi: Recall – Reports of Blister Packages Containing Syringes of Ondansetron Injection.
- Ridge Properties DBA Pain Relief Naturally Products: Recall – Manufacturing Concerns at the Facility.
- Compounded Glutamine, Arginine, and Carnitine Product for Injection by United Pharmacy: Compounding Risk Alert – FDA Investigates Two Adverse Events.
- Indian Motorcycles Company is recalling 2,096 model year 2017-2018 Chief, Chief Classic, Chief Dark Horse, Chief Vintage, Chieftain, Chieftain Classic, Cheiftain Dark Horse, Chieftain Elite, Chieftain Limited, Springfield, and Springfield Dark Horse motorcycles. The light output from the incorrect headlight can affect the motorcycle’s visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 83 model year 2018 Carbon, Fuzion, and Raptor triple axle toy haulers. The vehicles may have an incorrectly welded suspension equalizer that can result in the suspension’s failure while traveling.
- Model year 2017-2018 KZRV Sportsmen Sportster trailers recalled. The vehicle tire may come in contact with the slide out support arm during towing.
- Keystone Cougar western edition recreational trailers recalled. The stabilizer jacks could detach from the trailer during transit.
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 56 model year 2016-2018 Wonder motorhomes, model W24MB. The fridge power supply is not correctly fused. In in the event of an electrical overload, the power supply wire may overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Nature’s Touch Frozen Foods Voluntarily Recalls Nature’s Touch Frozen Organic Fine Whole Green Beans Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Figi’s Issues Recall Alert Due to Undeclared Allergen (Milk) in Dark Chocolate Gingersnaps.
- New American Food recalls various candy & snack products. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Meijer bulk dark chocolate products recalled. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Aurora Products recalls various dark chocolate-covered products. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- 21st Century Snack Foods of Ronkonkoma N.Y., is recalling Dark Chocolate Almonds containing milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Yorgo Foods Inc. is Recalling Various Flavors of Hommus Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Tres Latin Foods is recalling two batches of production of Kale & Pinto Bean pupusas and one batch of Black Bean & Sweet Corn pupusas. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- CC Kitchens recalls various meat and poultry products. The products did not undergo federal inspection.
- Empire Kosher Poultry has announced a recall of nearly 11,000 pounds of raw poultry products after discovering they may be contaminated with extraneous material, specifically metal. The raw chicken breast products were produced and packaged on November 2, 2017 and have the establishment number “P-1015” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
- Nestle Prepared Foods Company Recalls Pork and Beef Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency posted a weekend recall of firm ripened Comté cheese at the request of Agropur Cooperative. The company cited possible Listeria contamination as the reason for the recall.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has posted a recall of ground lean veal by Vantage Foods Inc. The company cited possible E. coli O157:H7 contamination as the reason for the recall.
- A Listeria related recall in mid-October of organic, raw milk cheddar cheese announced by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland has made it half way around the world, with authorities in Hong Kong posting a recall this week of the cheese sold under the brand of The Little Milk Co.
- True North Salmon Co. Ltd. is recalling True North Seafood Co. branded “Toppers Smoked Salmon Flakes” seasoned with lemon and dill because of possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
- OshKosh Recalls Baby B’gosh Quilted Jacket Due to Choking Hazard. The snaps can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Little Mass of Los Angeles, Calif., is recalling about 2,300 sets of children’s nightgowns and pajamas. The garments fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries.
- Norco Bicycles Recalls Children’s Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard. The cranks can bend or break during use, posing a fall hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com