Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
29 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Oscor Inc. Issues Recall Product Expansion of TB – Temporary Bipolar Pacing Lead (Unshrouded 2 mm Pins Models).
- Implanted Pumps: Safety Communication – Use Caution When Selecting Pain Medicine for Intrathecal Administration.
- Sandoz is recalling one lot of Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets. The blood pressure medication, manufactured by Lek Pharmaceuticals dd of Ljubljana, Slovenia, contains a trace amount of an impurity, N-nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA), which has been classified as a probable human carcinogen.
- American Honda is recalling about 56,000 model year 2016-18 Honda Pioneer 1000 5P side-by-sides due to fire and burn hazards. An incorrectly installed throttle body can ignite, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Grand Design RV is recalling 92 model year 2019 Grand Design Reflection travel trailers, models 285BHTS, 287RLTS and 297RSTS. The wires to the 50 amp mini-breaker may be installed incorrectly, leaving the circuit unprotected.
- Entegra Coach is recalling 95 model year 2019 Entegra Anthem, Aspire, Cornerstone and Insignia motorhomes. The vehicles have entry doors with latch rods that may be improperly adjusted, allowing the door to open during transit. A door opening during transit can increase the risk of injury or a crash.
- Jayco recalls Precept and Precept Prestige motorhomes. The front wheel hub assembly wheel studs may not have been properly heat treated.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 1,769 model year 2017 Tuscany XTE and model year 2017-2019 Venetian, Aria, Tuscany, and Palazzo motorhomes built on Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation chassis. The Power Distribution Module may have been damaged during manufacturing, possibly resulting in the rear marker lights, brake lights, or turn signals not functioning, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 1,384 model year 2018-2019 Four Winds, Chateau, and Freedom Elite vehicles. The liquid propane (LP) hose may not have adequate space between the floor and the metal plate on the refrigerator, causing damage to the hose and possibly creating a propane leak.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 134 model year 2018-2019 Thor Aria and Venetian motorhomes. The brake caliper mounting bolts may have been insufficiently tightened. Loose brake caliper mounting bolts can reduce brake effectiveness, increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- The Quaker Oats Company Issues Voluntary Recall of a Small Quantity of Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal Distributed to Five Target Stores Due to Possible Health Risk.
- NuVue Foods of Hamtramck, Mich., is recalling approximately 268 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken burrito products. The products contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Jennie-O Turkey Store Sales, LLC Recalls Raw Ground Turkey Products due to Possible Salmonella Reading Contamination.
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens.
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam’ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut – Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen – Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade.
- Ron’s Home Style Foods Recalls Ready to Eat Chicken Salad Products due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Majestic Meat Company Recalls Ground Beef Products due to Possible E. Coli O157:H7 Contamination.
- Swift Beef Company Recalls Ground Beef Products due to Possible E. Coli O157:H7 Contamination.
- Minnesota officials discovered bologna and sausage products packaged under the Ruck’s Meat Processing and Tollefson Family Pork brands could be contaminated with Listeria.
- Recall of Green Cedar Dairy Ackawi Cheese Bearing a Sell by Date of March 26, 2019 or Later.
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria “La Milagrosa” and “Alebrije Cheese” Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Chukar Cherries Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 7.5 Oz Amaretto Rainier Chocolate Cherries Pouches.
Recalled Chicken Burrito
Recalled Ground Beef
Infant & Children Products:
- LÍLLÉbaby Recalls Baby Carriers Due to Fall Hazard. The sliding chest-clip strap can detach from the shoulder strap, posing a fall hazard to the child in the carrier.
- H.I.S. Recalls Girl’s Clothing Sets Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban. The metal pendant on the necklace contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
Recalled Baby Carrier
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Natural Life Pet Products Expands Recall of Dry Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D.
- RH Recalls Metal-Wrapped Coffee Tables Due to Risk of Lead Exposure. The tables’ metal top can contain lead and presents a risk of lead exposure to children. Lead is toxic if ingested and can cause adverse health effects.
- A. O. Smith of Milwaukee, Wis., is recalling about 190 A. O. Smith 30 gallon gas water heaters, model number G6-UT3030N. The water heater’s flame arrestor can fail to work properly, posing a fire hazard.
- YTL International Recalls Log Splitters Due to Injury Hazard. The log splitter’s welding on the tongue box assembly can crack and cause the log splitter tank to disconnect from the rest of unit, posing an injury hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com