Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
18 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Fresenius Kabi Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, 0.9% Due to Product Labeling Incorrectly Stating Stoppers Do Not Contain Latex.
- Mylan Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 15 Lots of Valsartan Tablets, USP, Amlodipine and Valsartan Tablets, USP, and Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP, Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of NDEA (N-Nitrosodiethylamine) Impurity Found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient.
- FDA Classifies Field Action Related to Fc 500™ And Epics® As Class 1 Recall Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Committed to Helping Customers Take Prompt, Appropriate Actions.
- Lotus Cars Limited is recalling 40 model year 2018 Lotus Evoras. Due to an assembly error, the steering column may not collapse properly in the event of a frontal collision to absorb some of the impact energy. If the steering column does not collapse as intended in a crash, the risk of injury can increase.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 1,754 model year 2019 Kia Fortes equipped with LED headlights. The headlights may not have been manufactured with the correct low beam aiming. If the headlights are not aimed properly, the driver may have reduced visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Ducati North America is recalling 1,676 model year 2017-2019 Ducati Supersport motorcycles. Vibrations may distort the images in the mirrors, which can increase the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 134 model year 2018-2019 Thor Aria and Venetian motorhomes. The brake caliper mounting bolts may have been insufficiently tightened. Loose brake caliper mounting bolts can reduce brake effectiveness, increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- FDA Investigated Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Romaine Lettuce from Yuma Growing Region.
- First Source Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecan and Cashew in Chocolate and Nut Tray.
- Nor Cal Food Solutions recalls Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade. The product contains walnuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Deleite Foods Enterprises, Inc. Recalls Poultry Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- 165368 C. Corporation Recalls Pork Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Chunwei, Inc. Recalls Meat and Poultry Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens and Monosodium Glutamate.
- Federal officials report a cluster of Listeria monocytogenes infections dating back to July 2017 has spurred a nationwide recall of an “undetermined amount” of Long Phung brand pork patty rolls.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Product.
Infant & Children Products:
- HoMedics Recalls Nightlights Due to Choking Hazard. The small feet on the giraffe-shaped nightlight can detach, posing a choking hazard to small children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Sunshine Mills recalls additional dog foods for excess vitamin D. The Abound dog food brand was carried in Harris Teeter, King Soopers and Kroger stores. Nature’s Promise was sold by GIANT Food Stores, MARTIN’s Food Markets, and Stop & Shop.
- Seabreeze International Recalls Bathroom Heaters Due to Fire Hazard. The safety cutoff can fail to function allowing the heater to rapidly overheat, posing a fire hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com