Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
21 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps by Datascope/MAQUET: Class I Recall – False Blood Detection Alarm, Ingress of Fluid into Pump. If a patient requires circulatory support with an IABP and the device does not work, or if therapy is stopped during use without a replacement IABP available, device failure may result in immediate and serious adverse health consequences, including death.
- Activase (alteplase) 100mg by Genentech: Recall – Lack of Sterility Assurance. The vials of Sterile Water for Injection may be cracked or chipped at the neck of the vial and leaking.
- Hydromorphone HCl Injection, USP 2 mg/mL, and Levophed (Norepinephrine Bitartrate Injection, USP) 4 mg/4 mL (1 mg/mL) Vial by Hospira: Recall – Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Kayexalate (sodium polystyrene sulfonate): Drug Safety Communication – FDA Recommends Separating Dosing.
Recalled Injection Medicine
- American Honda Recalls Motocross Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Crash and Injury Hazards (Recall Alert). The transmission gear can break, posing crash and injury hazards.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Kawasaki Recalls Brute Force 300 All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard. The fuel tap or carburetor can leak fuel, posing a fire hazard.
- Forest River recalls Rockwood and Flagstaff recreational trailers. The spindle nut on the axles may not have been torqued to the proper specifications.
- Sportsmen and Sportster recreational trailers recalled. The tires may rub against the steel enclosure housing for the sewer hose, causing premature tire wear.
- Forest River recalls Prime Time recreational trailers. The Gross Axle Weight Rating is listed incorrectly on the federal placard.
Recalled All-Terrain Vehicle
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Product Recall by Wegmans of Assorted Muffins 4 Pack. The assorted muffin four pack may include a banana nut muffin containing walnuts, an allergen not listed on the label. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to nuts should not consume this product.
- Simply Fresh Foods, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Single Serve Cups of San Francisco Seafood Salad Made with Greek Yogurt. People who have allergies to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- Bravo Produce Inc. Recalls Maradol Papaya from Productores Y Exportadores De Carica Papaya De Tecomán Y Costa Alegre SPR of RL and Packed by Frutas Selectas De Tijuana, S. De R.L. De C.V. Because of Possible Health Risk. The product has tested positive for Salmonella by exams done by FDA.
- Northside Noodle Company Recalls Meatball Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Ragazzo’s Italian Style Meatball Mix recalled for soy not listed as allergen. The product contains soy, a known allergen, which is not declared on the product label.
Infant & Children Products:
- Garden of Life LLC Issues Recall of Baby Organic Liquid Formula. The company is concerned that if not administered precisely following the labeled instructions, the product may present difficulties in swallowing and potentially pose a choking hazard due to the thickness of the liquid.
- ASHERANGEL Recalls Children’s Sleepwear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com. The children’s nightgowns and pajama sets fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- L.L. Bean Recalls Toddler Sweater Fleece Pullovers Due to Choking Hazard. The snaps on the fleece pullovers can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Studio Fun International Recalls Slap Bracelets Sold with Children’s Storybooks Due to Laceration Hazard. The metal band can wear through the fabric covering of the slap bracelet, posing a laceration hazard.
Recalled Baby Formula
- Smith Recalls Ski and Snowboard Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury. The buckle on the helmet can disengage, posing a risk of head injury.
Recalled Ski Helmet
- Ameriwood Home Recalls Chests of Drawers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards. The recalled chests of drawers are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
- Nantucket Distributing Recalls Patio Set Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The fabric seat on the chairs can tear, posing a fall hazard to the user.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com