Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
35 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Alcon Announces Voluntary Global Market Withdrawal of CyPass Micro-Stent for Surgical Glaucoma.
- Beaumont Bio Med, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of all their Homeopathic Aqueous/Alcohol-Based Medicines due to the Nationwide Recall by the Contract Manufacturer, King Bio, of all their Aqueous-Based Products due to Possible Microbial Contamination.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals LLC. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Furosemide 100 mg in 0.9% Sodium Chloride due to Presence of Precipitate.
- Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Montelukast Tablets USP, 10mg 30Ct. due to Product/Label Mix-Up.
- Hellolife, Inc. Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall of Neuroveen, Respitrol, Thyroveev and Compulsin due to Possible Microbial Contamination.
- Product Quest Manufacturing LLC Recalls All Nasal Products and Baby Oral Gels Manufactured at Florida Facility Due to Possible Microbial Contamination.
- Toyota to recall more than 1 million vehicles for fire risk. 2016-2018 Prius hybrid unit harnesses could wear and short-circuit.
- Ford recalls 2 million F-150 trucks to prevent seatbelt fires. Seatbelt pretensioners can ignite insulation and carpet.
- 166,000 North American Nissans recalled for ignition switch issue. A spring in the ignition switch can wear and cause problems.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that Polaris is recalling certain 2017-19 Slingshots. The seat belt retractor may separate and fail. In the event of a crash, if the seat belt does not lock, the occupant may not be properly restrained, increasing their risk of injury. The potential number of units affected is 10,658. Polaris is recalling certain 2017-2019 Polaris Slingshot S, Slingshot SL, Slingshot GT LE, and Slingshot SLR models.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Erwin Hymer Group North America is recalling 291 model year 2015-2018 Roadtrek Zion motorhomes equipped with a side-facing sofa. Installation of the sofa may have resulted in damage to the vehicle’s rear brake line, possibly reducing braking performance.
- KZRV is recalling 61 model year 2018-2019 KZ RV Sportsmen 333BHK Travel Trailers. The liquid propane lines on the recalled vehicles are routed through the wheel well and may be damaged by road debris, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Model year 2018-2019 KZ RV Connect recreational trailers recalled. The liquid propane lines may be damaged by road debris.
- Forest River recalls Coachmen Work & Play, Adrenaline, Forester, XLR and Rockwood recreational trailers. The awning may deploy while the trailer is moving.
- Newmar recalls motorhomes with door latch issue. The door latch rods may be improperly adjusted.
- Polaris Recalls Ranger Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The front lower control arms can separate, posing a crash hazard.
- Polaris Recalls RZR XP Turbo S Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Injury Hazard. In the event of a high-speed rollover, the vehicle’s rollover protection structure (ROPS) can fracture, providing inadequate protection during a rollover.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- ‘Do not eat’ Kellogg’s Honey Smacks cereal, CDC warns after 30 more people become sick.
- Gravel Ridge Farms Recalls Cage Free Egg Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- Caito Foods recalls chicken salad. The product contains walnuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Olufela Yemitan recalls smoked catfish. The products did not undergo import inspection.
- Bahar recalls frozen, raw beef dumpling products. The products did not undergo federal inspection.
- Steve’s Real Food Voluntarily Recalls One Lot of Turducken Recipe, One Lot of Quest Emu, and One Lot of Quest Beef Due to Possible Salmonella and L. Mono Contamination.
- H&C Food Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Wheat, Pork, Egg, and Crustacean in Frozen Fish Balls.
- New York Style Sausage Co. Recalls Raw Chorizo Sausage Products due to Misbranding and an Undeclared Ingredient.
- Wayne Farms, LLC Recalls Fully Cooked Chicken Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
- BSN SPORTS Recalls Rubber Critter Toys Due to Violation of Federal Lead Paint Ban. The orange and yellow surface paint on the rubber critter toys contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Steve’s Real Food is recalling dog food and cat food because of possible contamination with Salmonella and/or Listeria monocytogenes. The company distributed the pet foods nationwide.
- PetSmart Recalls Strip Lights for Reptile Cages Due to Fire Hazard. The strip light’s fluorescent bulb can overheat causing the hood on the light fixture to ignite, posing a fire hazard.
- Lester Electrical Recalls Links Series Chargers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The control board can fail and overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Core Health & Fitness Recalls Stairmaster Stepmill Exercise Equipment Due to Fall Hazard. The steps can accelerate rapidly without input from the user, posing a fall hazard.
- Cybex Recalls Weight-Lifting Equipment Due to Serious Injury Hazards. The weight bar can fall, posing serious injury hazards to the user.
- TJX Recalls Barstools Due to Fall Hazard; Sold at HomeGoods, Marshalls and T.J. Maxx Stores. The wood joints on the barstool can break; posing a fall hazard.
- Rust-Oleum Recalls Countertop Coating Due to Violation of Federal Lead Paint Ban. The countertop coating contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
- Hawthorne Hydroponics Recalls Humidifiers Due to Fire and Shock Hazards. The humidifiers can overheat while in use, posing fire and shock hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com