Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
23 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Global health regulators find second toxin in common heart drug. The recalled drugs made with the active pharmaceutical ingredient valsartan have found traces of the chemical N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), considered a potential human carcinogen, in the medicine.
- BioLyte Laboratories Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall Due to the Voluntary Nationwide Recall initiated by King Bio Inc. (a Raw Material Supplier) for NeoRelief for Muscle Cramping and Restlessness Topical Gel Due to Possible Microbial Contamination.
- Pharm D Solutions, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of all Sterile Compounded Drugs Due to A Potential Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Beaumont Bio Med recalls homeopathic aqueous/alcohol-based medicines. The products may be microbially contaminated.
- GM to recall about 1.2 million vehicles worldwide. The recall covers certain 2015 Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac pickup trucks and SUVs, and includes about 1.02 million vehicles in the United States.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River recalls Coachmen Freedom Express recreational trailers. The brakes may not engage if the trailer detaches from the tow vehicle.
- Model year 2019 Prime Time Tracer and Avenger travel trailers recalled. The vehicle’s countertop may get extremely hot.
- John Deere recalls Gator utility vehicles. The powertrain hardware can come loose, causing the throttle to stick.
- Erwin Hymer recalls various Roadtrek motorhomes. The diesel fuel tank may be damaged and leak fuel.
- Winnebago and Itasca motorhomes recalled. The vehicle’s high pressure liquid propane hose may leak.
- Erwin Hymer recalls Roadtrek Zion motorhomes. The rear brake line may be damaged.
- KZRV recalls Durango, Venom and Sidewinder recreational trailers. The federal certification label contains incorrect tire size information.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Bob Evans Farms Inc. Recalls Pork Sausage Link Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- CTI Foods LLC Recalls Ready-To-Eat Philly Steak Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Roya Foods, LLC Recalls Halal Manti Beef Dumpling Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
- Market of Choice Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Egg in Sesame Noodle Salad Vegan.
- Voluntary Recall Notice of Meijer Taco Seasoning Mix 4.5 oz.
- Sarap Asian Fusion Recalls Cookies due to Undeclared Allergens.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Bravo Packing, Inc. Recalls Performance Dog Raw Pet Food Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk to Humans and Animals.
- Gas Ranges and Wall Ovens Recalled by Prizer-Painter Stove Works Due to Burn Hazard. Use of the convection oven fan during pre-heating or broiling can cause accumulated gas to ignite, posing a burn hazard to consumers when oven door is opened.
- Cost Plus World Market Recalls Daybeds Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard. The removable bottom cushion on the daybed fails to meet the federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
- Emerson Tool Company Recalls RIDGID Wet/Dry Vacuums Due to Shock Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot. The on/off switch can become dislodged and expose energized wiring, posing a shock hazard to consumers.
- Jimco Recalls Bistro Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The chair’s seat can break, posing a fall hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com