Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
27 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Medtronic Announces Worldwide Voluntary Field Corrective Action for Newport™ HT70 and Newport™ HT70 Plus Ventilators
- Medtronic Announces Voluntary Worldwide Recall of its Stratamr Adjustable Valves and Shunts.
- Isomeric Pharmacy Solutions (“Isomeric”) is voluntarily recalling all lots of sterile products compounded and packaged by Isomeric and that remain within expiry to the hospital/user level because of the US Food and Drug Administration’s concerns of a lack of sterility assurance.
Medtronic Stratamr | www.medtronic.com
Auto Mechanic working on Kia Car Engine
- Kia Motor Company is recalling 618,160 model year 2011-2014 Optimas, 2012-2014 Sorentos and 2011-2013 Sportages. Machining errors during the engine manufacturing process may cause premature bearing wear within the engine, which could result in the engine seizing, increasing the risk of a crash.
- KTM North America is recalling 487 model year 2016-2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT motorcycles. The preformed fuel hose can develop small holes or cracks, potentially causing a fuel leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
- Yamaha recalls FJ-09, FZ-09 and XSR900 motorcycles. The lower handlebar holder may loosen.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 15 model year 2017 Wonder motorhomes, model W24MB. The recalled vehicles are missing the “Exit” decal that should have been installed on the driver side cab door.
- Entegra Coach is recalling 1,727 model year 2012-2013 and 2015-2018 Anthem; 2013 and 2017-2018 Aspire; and 2012-2018 Cornerstone motorhomes built on a Spartan Motors chassis. The ball joints on the independent front suspension modules can loosen and separate, leading to a partial loss of steering.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling 600 model year 2017-2018 Dutch Star, 2016-2018 Mountain Aire and London Aire, and 2012-2018 Essex and King Aire motorhomes built on a Spartan Motors chassis. The ball joints on the independent front suspension modules can loosen and separate, leading to a partial loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
- REV Recreation Group is recalling 42 model year 2017 Fleetwood Bounders and Holiday Rambler Vacationers. The vehicles are equipped with federal placards that incorrectly list a tire size of 235/80R 22.5 G when the actual tire size is 255/80R 22.5 G.
- Tiffin Motorhomes is recalling 4,990 model year 2011-2016 Allegro Open Road motorhomes. The vehicle’s tow hitch may detach from the coach under heavy loading or hard braking conditions.
- Keystone recalls model year 2017 Cougar recreational trailers. The circuit breaker cannot be used in close proximity to the liquid propane storage.
Motorhome with Spartan Motors Chassis
Motorhome with Incorrect Placard
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Precautionary Recall of a Limited Quantity of Organic Marketside Spring Mix Salad is announced by Fresh Express.
- Recall of ice cream cups expands; Listeria found by CFIA.
- Reser’s Fine Foods of Beaverton, Ore., is recalling 529 cases of 16-oz. Reser’s Macaroni Salad. The product contains milk and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. Issues Allergen Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Wegmans Original Killer Brownies with Pecans
- Lakeside Foods, Inc. Recalls Season’s Choice Frozen Sweet Peas Because of Possible Health. It has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Robin Hood brand flour are under recall by Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. Samples of the flour have tested positive for E. coli contamination.
- Olde York Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in One Lot of Clancy’s Snack Combo
- Pride and Joy Creamery again filling retail orders for raw milk
- Food Evolution recalls chicken products that contain pecans, an allergen not declared on the label. The following ready-to-eat Mediterranean-style chicken cous cous salad items, packaged on March 31, 2017, with a use-by date of April 7, 2017, are being recalled:
- 12.01 oz. clear plastic containers containing “Mediterranean Style Cous Cous Salad with Sweet Basil Dressing, Distributed by Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.”
- Mibo Fresh Food recalls turkey salad product. The product contains wheat, an allergen not listed on the label.
Spring Mix Salad
Flour Contaminated b E. coli
Pride and Joy Creamery Raw Milk
Infant & Children Products:
- Fred Meyer Recalls Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts and Girls Bomber Jackets Due to Choking and Laceration Hazards.
- Sock and Accessory Brands Global of Advance, N.C., is recalling about 14,500 infant caps sold in the U.S. and Canada. The button on the top of the cap can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Marin Mountain Bikes Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall, Crash Hazards. The rigid front forks on these recalled bikes can bend or break during use or while jumping, causing the rider to lose control, posing fall and crash hazards to the user.
- Xootr Recalls Adult Kick Scooters Due to Fall Hazard. The steer support can break during normal use, posing a fall hazard to the user.
Mountain Bike with Recalled Front Forks
- Safavieh Recalls Lingerie Chests Due to Serious Tip-Over Hazard. The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children.
Dresser with a Serious Tip-Over Hazard