Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
25 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- bioMérieux, Inc. Issues Urgent Expanded Product Recall for VITEK® 2 Piperacillin/Tazobactam Test on Gram Negative Susceptibility Cards.
- PharmaTech, LLC is voluntarily recalling all liquid products from October 20, 2015 through July 15, 2016 as a precautionary measure due to a potential risk of product contamination with Burkholderia cepacia.
- Chrysler recalls Jeep Cherokee, Chrysler 200, Jeep Renegade and RAM ProMaster vehicles – The transmission may unexpectedly shift to neutral.
- Mercedes-Benz C300 and C400 vehicles recalled – Mis-aimed headlamps may not properly illuminated the road.
- Hawk AP-80 Motorcycle Helmets recalled – The helmets may not protect a user adequately.
- Ivolution Sports recalls 1,007 IV2 JX-SKY motorcycle helmets – The helmets fail to comply with federal safety requirements.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Dutch Star, Mountain Aire, London Aire, Essex, King Aire motorhomes recalled – The front fascia wood trim may separate from the slide out, possibly contact the driver or a passenger.
- Model year 2015-2016 Renegade Vienna and Villagio vehicles recalled – The rear inner tires valve stem extensions may inadvertently be loosened, resulting in a slow air leak which could underinflate the tires, increasing the risk of tire failure and a crash.
- Winnebago View and Itasca Navion motor coaches recalled – The liquid propane line may not be properly sealed to prevent carbon monoxide and/or LP gas from entering the living quarters.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Ton Shen Health Recalls Life Rising “DHZC-2 Tablet” Because they have the potential to be contaminated with elevated levels of lead.
- Beyond Better Foods, LLC is recalling select cases from a single production run of Enlightened brand Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ice cream because they may have been packaged in Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream containers and thus contain undeclared peanuts.
- Grassfields Cheese LLC Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of approximately 20,000 pounds of organic cheeses due to possible contamination with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli.
- Country Home recalls gourmet cookies – The products may contain small pieces of metal fragments.
- Gel Spice expands recall of ground tumeric powder – The products contain elevated levels of lead.
- O Organics Organic Vegetable Tray With Creamy Ranch Dressing Dip recalled – The product contains egg, milk and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- JM Exotic Foods recalls ground turmeric – The product contains elevated levels of lead.
- Oriental Packing Co., Inc. Issues Alert on Lead in Curry Powder.
- Rabbit Creek Products recalls certain flavors of bread, muffin and brownie mixes because of potential presence of E.coli.
- Intel recalled its Basis Peak smartwatches the week prior because they can overheat and burn you.
- Shocker Paintball Recalls Paintball Markers Due to Risk of Injury – The chamber part assembly can unexpectedly eject from the rear of the marker.
- Flos Recalls Pendant Light Fixtures Due to Risk of Injury – The dome on the light fixture can detach and fall unexpectedly.
- Brown Jordan Services Recalls Swivel Patio Chairs Due to Fall Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot – The base of the chair can break during normal use, posing a fall hazard.
- Dennis East International Recalls Whiskey Glass and Stone Sets Due to Laceration Hazard – The whiskey glass can spontaneously break during use.
- Kohler Power Systems Recalls Portable Generators Due to Shock Hazard – The generators have a wiring error, which can result in an electrical shock risk if an electrical device is plugged into the generator.
- SpeeCo Recalls Fence Wire Stretchers Due to Laceration Hazard – A recoiling wire can be released from the stretcher unexpectedly and strike bystanders.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com