Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
31 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- DePuy Synthes recalls power tool system battery adaptors due to possible explosion risk. The adaptors and surgical tool systems are only used in hospitals and other health care facilities.
- BMW recalls approximately 3,700 cars – the driver’s frontal airbag inflator may have been improperly welded, which may cause the inflator housing to separate from the base plate and result in metal striking occupants in a crash, increasing the risk of an injury.
- Subaru recalls about 593K Legacy/Outback model cars; wiper motors can overheat and melt.
- Ford recalls approximately 64,000 model-year 2013-17 Ford Focus hatchbacks for latch release problem.
- Ford recalls approximately 900 Ford Transits – an improper bond between the panoramic roof and the body may result in wind noise, water leaks and potential separation from the vehicle.
- Audi recalls 2017 Q7 for seats that may move during collisions.
- Cadillac recalls CT6 sedans over seat belt detachment issues.
- Audi recalls 80,000 Coupes, Hybrids, Sedans and SUVs to fix software glitch that effects side marker lights.
- Honda recalls Grom 125 and NSS300 & NSS300A motorcycles – the fuel pump impeller may seize, causing a stall.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Allegro motorhomes recalled – the tow hitch may have an incorrect weight capacity sticker. If the hitch is loaded to the weight on the sticker the hitch may fail and the towed vehicle can separate from the motorhome.
- Jayco recalls Octane Super Lite travel trailers – labels on the vehicles have incorrect tire load range and tire pressure information.
- Forest River recalls Surveyor recreational trailers – the vehicles may be equipped with tires and rims that do not match the information listed on the federal placard resulting in over inflated tires.
- Winnebago recalls Winnebago Journey and Forza, Itasca Solei and Meridian motor homes – the sway bar may detach from the axle, affecting handling.
- Pleasant Valley recalls T@B travel trailers – a rubber gas hose in the refrigerator compartment can rub against the refrigerator fins causing the hose to wear and possibly leak propane.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Ferrara Candy recalls Brach’s Almond Supremes – the product contains peanuts and wheat, allergens not declared on the label.
- Mei Shun Noodle recalls rice noodles – the product may contain dried, salted shrimp and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Speedy Foods recalls chicken spring rolls – the product contains eggs, an allergen not declared on the label.
- RFG Canada recalls meat and poultry pizza products – the imported products were not inspected prior to U.S. entry.
- Waymouth Farms recalls Good Sense Cranberries ‘N More – the product contains pecans, walnuts, wheat, milk and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Wattie’s canned spaghetti with sausage recalled – the product was not presented at the U.S. point of entry for inspection.
- Fred Meyer Stores has recalled a Deli BTG Superfood Wrap sold in its retail stores because the product may contain milk, soy, wheat and cashews not listed on the label.
- Fresh Express announces precautionary recall of a limited quantity of 11 oz. American Salad due to possible allergen exposure – egg, milk, wheat, anchovy.
- McCain Foods USA, Inc. expanded its voluntarily recall of retail, frozen onion rings to include two (2) additional private label retail branded products (Fairway & Krogers) due to the use of incorrect packaging that does not declare milk as one of the ingredients.
- Mt Kisco Smokehouse recalls smoked salmon because of possible Listeria contamination.
- Sager Creek Foods, Inc., a subsidiary of Del Monte Foods, Inc., announced a recall of approximately 15,000 shipped cases of Field Peas with Snaps and Green Bean Products (primarily non-retail) which may have the potential for trace amounts of shellfish contamination.
- Café Valley of Marion, Indiana is recalling 543 cases of Banana nut mini muffins labeled as Lemon poppy seed mini muffins, because they may contain undeclared walnuts.
Infant & Children Products:
- See recall for SmartPool pool alarms listed under Safety & Security.
- Advanced Sports International recalls bicycles – the top clamp of the seat post can crack, posing a fall hazard.
- Walmart recalls tripod stools due to fall hazard.
- GTHI recalls ice tools – the head of the ice tool can detach from the shaft.
- SmartPool recalls pool alarms – the ON/OFF activation switch on the pool alarm is reversed which can cause the alarm to fail to alert consumers if a child enters the water.
- We missed this recall announcement last week — Thompson/Center Arms recalls Compass bolt-action rifles – accidental discharges are at the center of a recall issued Thursday by Thompson/Center Arms for its Compass model of bolt-action rifles.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com