If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, scarring and pain and suffering, among other losses. We have over 26 years of experience getting good settlements for injured motorcyclists. Contact us 24/7 toll free or online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Learn the Steps to Take If You Been Involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
If You Have Been Injured in an Accident, Call the Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today!
Steps To Take After a Motorcycle Accident:
- Call 911.Health and safety always come first. You should make sure that everyone in the crash site is all right and that those who need immediate care are brought to the hospital. You should consider going to the hospital even when you do not feel that anything is out of the ordinary because sometimes injuries can take time to develop. Also, by calling 911, you will be sure to have a police officer come to the scene, who can file a police report that can be used as evidence if you choose to file a lawsuit.
- Get the contact details of the other party in the accident.You should consider getting the name, age, contact details, and insurance information of the other party involved. This will help ensure that all of your damaged property and medical bills can be paid for by the at fault driver’s insurance.
- Contact your insurance company.Your insurance company will want to know that you have had an accident on the road. A brief explanation of what happened will often be enough for the insurance company.
- Avoid speaking to the other party’s insurance company.You may want to avoid giving information to the other party’s insurance company. You may not want to allow the other insurance company to record your statement, and you have a right to refuse to speak to them.
- Gather as much information as you can from the crash site.You may want to take photographs from the scene and get the contact details of potential witnesses. These details can be used as evidence for your insurance company, or if you decide to file a lawsuit.
- Keep detailed reports and documentation of your expenses.This is a very important step that you should very strongly consider. Medical bills and other incurred expenses can add up fast. You will almost always need enough documentation and receipts to back up your claim for the amount of damage you have suffered.
- Get copies of reports.You may want to secure a copy of the accident report of the police department, and any reports or clearance by the relevant agency.
- Consider contacting an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer.Accidents of this type usually involve large sums of money. Experienced motorcycle accident lawyers know how to handle the case and what resources will be needed in your particular case. Contacting a lawyer will save you time and energy, allowing you to get healthy and get the compensation that you deserve.
Why Hire Us?
If you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, disfigurement and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our firm has been handling personal injury cases, including motorcycle accidents, for over 26 years. The lawyers at our firm know how to get good settlements from insurance companies. Contact us 24/7 toll free or online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.