D. Robin Gouviea is the managing lawyer of our Middletown, Rhode Island office and has been handling personal injury and disability cases now for over 16 years. Prior to law school, Robin worked as a claims adjuster for an insurance company for several years, where she learned about how the insurance company determines the value of a personal injury case. This has been a great asset to our firm as our goal is to get you the most money we can for your case as quickly as we can. Learn what past clients have said about us here.
Our office in Middletown, RI also services the towns of Newport, Portsmouth, Little Compton, Tiverton and Jamestown, RI.
For an Experienced Middletown/Newport Personal Injury Lawyer
Call (401) 846-5449 for a Free Case Evaluation.
Have You Been Injured In a Car Accident? Call Now For Help
If you are injured in a car accident in the Middletown/Newport area, due to no fault of your own, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering and other losses. We charge the standard 1/3 fee of your settlement or award and no fee unless we get you money. We have successfully handled hundreds of car accident injury claims in the Middletown and Newport, RI area. Learn more.
Were You Injured In a Motorcycle Accident?
Any Middletown or Newport Motorcycle accident lawyer will tell you that motorcycle crashes that result in injury are not always easy to settle. Many times the other driver will try to show that it was not their fault and the insurance company will deny paying these injury claims. We will sometimes need to hire an expert in accident reconstruction to go to the scene and gather evidence to show it was not the motorcylcist’s fault. Learn more.
Hurt While Working and In Need Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
If you have been hurt at work which resulted in an injury, you may be eligible to workers’ compensation benefits to be compensated for lost earnings, medical expenses, and work training, among other losses. In some cases, you also may be eligible to attain a lump-sum settlement. We are working with practiced Middletown workers’ compensation lawyers. There are no costs in advance, and fees are only taken if you get benefits you deserve. Learn more.
Have You Suffered a Serious Dog Bite? Call Today for Help!.
Middletown has passed many city ordinances to protect people from being bit by dogs. For example, the city requires registration of pit bulls, pit bull terriers, and staffordshire terriers. Also, dog owners are responsible for “any damage done by their dogs to any domestic animal or livestock or persons…regardless of the former viciousness of such dog.” We may be able to help you get a recovery for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and scarring and charge a 1/3 fee if we get you a settlement or award. Learn more.
Did You Sustain a Slip and Fall Injury?
There are many different types of slip and fall cases. As personal injury lawyers, we need to prove to the insurance company that someone else’s negligence caused your slip and fall accident. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe from people being injured and when they do not do so, we can usually get a settlement for medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering. We charge a 1/3 fee if we get you a settlement or award. Learn more.
Call the Experienced Attorneys of d’Oliveira & Associates Today
for Help in Your Personal Injury Case
Other Cases We Handle
We handle a variety of personal injury cases for those in the Middletown/Newport area including Denied Social Security Disability Benefits, Medical Malpractice and Workplace Injuries. You can find the full list of case types here. Contact us 24/7 for a Free Case Evaluation.
Newport RI Area Attractions
Whether you are in the area to see historic architecture, shop in unique boutiques, jump in the water for a host of fun activities or simply to put up your feet and relax, Newport, Rhode Island, has something for everyone. The city, which was given the moniker of “America’s First Resort,” is on Aquidneck Island and was founded in 1639.
Here are some of the favorite attractions for visitors to the area:
- Newport Mansions: These are by far the most sought-after attractions in Newport. Visit the Elms for the Servant Life Tour or Vanderbilt’s Marble House and Breakers. Rosecliff with its gorgeous ballroom has been where many movies were set, most recently “The Great Gatsby.” Or, if you are in for something a little spooky, go to Belcourt’s Castle for ghost tours. If you are into 18th and 19th century architecture, the Samuel and Whitehorne House are great visits where you can also see exquisite colonial furniture.
- Cliff Walk: Another scenic location that can take your breath away is the Cliff Walk, a 3.5-mile stretch, which begins at Memorial Boulevard and ends at Bellevue Avenue. Take in panoramic views of the ocean, mansions, lovely homes and Salve Regina University. The views are breathtaking.
- The coast: If you love scenic vistas, you need to take the 10-mile Scenic Ocean Drive. A number of visitors ride their bikes on this route. There are locations along the way where you can stop and take in the amazing view. At Brenton Point, you’ll see people flying kites and enjoying picnic lunches. There is also Adams State Park on the harbor side of Ocean Drive where you can picnic or take a tour of the Fort or the Museum of Yachting.
- Water sports: If you are visiting in the summer, you’ll enjoy delightful water-related activities from sailing to yachting and kayaking. You can even rent a sailboat, kayak and motorboat to get beautiful views of Newport from the water. You can also go fishing all day, if you choose, in a professionally captained boat.
- Adventure: If you are looking for adventure, you can sky dive, horseback ride, surf or kite-surf.
- Other sights: Don’t miss other attractions such as the International Tennis Hall of Fame, Trinity Church, Touro Synagogue and the Redwood Library. Newport also has two vineyards and its own brewery.
Special November Event
All November, you can see an exhibit titled “Newport and Her Southern Sisters: Three Centuries of Art and Design.” This exhibit features ball gowns, portraits, silver and furniture, shedding light on Newport as a vibrant cross-cultural crossroad over three centuries. Objects on display will come from several Preservation Society properties and loans from families’ private collections.
Newport, RI Points of Interest
- Newport County Chamber of Commerce
35 Valley Rd, Middletown, Rhode Island 02842
- Newport Historical Society
127 Thames Street, Newport, Rhode Island 02840
- Fort Adams
90 Fort Adams Drive, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, Rhode Island 02840
- The Breakers
44 Ochre Point Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island 02840
- U.S. Naval War College
86 Cushing Road, Newport, Rhode Island 02841