Need an Pawtucket Car Accident Attorney?
Call Now at (401) 365-6001 for a Free Case Evaluation.
If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. We charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to contact us toll-free or via email for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
The Pawtucket auto accident lawyers of d’Oliveira and Associates have been helping clients receive cash settlements for their injuries for more than 28 years now. All of the attorneys in the firm have at least 15 years experience in handling car accident cases. Most of our paralegals also have numerous years of experience handling car accident cases. See the many positive reviews expressed from past clients on our Google+ Pawtucket page.
Some of Our Car Accident Case Settlements
- $964,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client suffered brain injury after her motor vehicle accident.
- $800,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client sustained two fractured vertebrae and major bruising all over her body
- $650,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client suffered a concussion, dental and facial fractures, cuts to his arms and face, and underwent shoulder surgery.
- $470,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client was a passenger in a motor vehicle accident and suffered a brain injury.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. What Are The Legal Fees For My Car Accident Case?
Our law firm does not charge any legal fees until you obtain settlement or award for the injuries you have incurred. We do charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is a standard fee in the personal injury field of practice.
2. What Do I Do Right After I Am Hurt In A Car Accident?
- Turn on your emergency lights and don’t move your vehicle unless your vehicle is in danger of being hit by another vehicle.
- If possible, take photographs of the cars involved and their positions.
- Call 911 right away and tell them if anyone is hurt or needs medical treatment.
- Call someone you know to the scene to be a witness and take photos, if necessary.
- Get witnesses names and telephone numbers, before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Get information from the other driver such as his name, address and insurance company.
- Take notes of the cars positions, the weather, road conditions, time, place, and any traffic violations if you can.
- If anyone is injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
3. What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
If you are hurt in a car accident and you are not at fault, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other loses. Pain and suffering is the element that we will, as your lawyer, battle with the insurance company the most and unfortunately the insurance companies can be difficult when it comes to paying you fairly for your pain and suffering. Their job is to save money by paying you less. This is where our 28 years of experience as Pawtucket car accident lawyers can be a big help.. Read more
4. How Much Time Do I Have To File A Claim For My Auto Accident?
It is important that you contact a Pawtucket auto accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to help you make sure you get full value for your injuries. In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations, for most auto accident cases, is 3 years. For minors the statute is longer. This means you or your attorney will have 3 years to file a lawsuit against the other driver for the injuries you sustained. Contacting a knowledgeable Pawtucket car accident attorney will inform you of the applicable statute of limitations.
5. What Happens If The Other Driver Is Not Covered By Insurance?
If you are injured in an accident and the driver doesn’t have any insurance, one option is to collect uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident, and your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. Often you can also collect uninsured motorist benefits from other automobiles insured and owned by people in the household you live in. Read more
6. How Do I Get The Most For The Damage To My Car?
It is very simple…your auto body repair man should meet with the claims adjustor from the insurance company and negotiate your property damage claim at the auto body shop. He is the best person, since he will be fixing your vehicle, to negotiate your property damage claim. Read more
7. How Should I Deal With My Own Insurance Company?
- You should contact your insurance agent as soon as possible after the accident happens because all insurance companies require you to a file a claim within a reasonable amount of time after the accident occurs.
- Make sure that you read your specific policy and determine the coverage you have to ensure you file proper claims. An experienced Pawtucket car accident lawyer can help you through this process.
- Inform your insurance company of the details of the accident and the insurance company information of the other drivers involved in the accident.
- Save any and all paperwork involved with your auto accident claim, including medical bills, repair bills, and any other documents or expenses.
- We highly suggest that you don’t speak to the other party’s insurance company without speaking with an experienced auto accident lawyer first because it costs nothing to talk to us for a free case evaluation.
- If you do decide to speak with the other parties insurance company:
- DO NOT discuss the details as to how the accident happened,
- DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are out of pain,
- DO NOT sign any insurance waiver or release until your doctor has released you from treatment and you are out of pain.
8. What Is The Minimum Insurance Coverage Does The Other Driver Have To Carry In RI?
The minimum liability coverage that an owner of a vehicle must carry, in Rhode Island, is 25,000/50,000 dollars. This type of coverage means any person hurt has up to $25,000 coverage, however if more than two persons are hurt, there is $50,000 in coverage for everyone injured. If your injuries are worth more than 25,000/50,000, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist moneys from the car you were in at the time of the accident and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household.
9. Why Do I Need An Experienced Pawtucket Auto Accident Lawyer?
The insurance company is going to offer you as little compensation as possible to settle your case. There are many things an experienced Pawtucket lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, obtaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement to compensate for your injuries.
10. Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates?
- All of the lawyers who will handle your case have at least 15 years experience in auto accident cases.
- We make ourselves available to handle your initial phone call 24/7.
- We offer everyone a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We will send someone to you, wherever you are, if either you favor this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- We will not charge you legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award.
- Your case will be handled diligently and we guarantee that your phone calls will be returned ASAP.
- We know all the things that are necessary to make sure you get a great settlement for your injuries.