Need a Pawtucket Car Accident Attorney?
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation.
If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, we have the knowledge and resources to get you a very good settlement for your medical bills, lost income (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. We charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to contact us toll-free or online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
D. Robin Gouveia, is the managing attorney of our Pawtucket office and has been settling car accident cases for over 16 years now. Lisa Lennon, our leading paralegal in our Pawtucket office has also been handling car accident cases for over 18 years now. See the many positive reviews expressed from past clients on our Google+ Pawtucket page.
Some of Our Car Accident Case Settlements
- $964,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client suffered brain injury after her motor vehicle accident.
- $800,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client sustained two fractured vertebrae and major bruising all over her body.
- $650,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client suffered a concussion, dental and facial fractures, cuts to his arms and face, and underwent shoulder surgery.
- $470,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client was a passenger in a motor vehicle accident and suffered a brain injury.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
If you are hurt in a car accident and you are not at fault, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other loses. Pain and suffering is the element that we will, as your lawyer, battle with the insurance company the most and unfortunately the insurance companies can be difficult when it comes to paying you fairly for your pain and suffering. Their job is to save money by paying you less. This is where our 28 years of experience as Pawtucket car accident lawyers can be a big help.. Read more
How Should I Deal With My Own Insurance Company?
- Contact your insurance agent as soon as possible after the accident happens because all insurance companies require you to a file a claim within a reasonable amount of time after the accident occurs.
- Read your specific policy and determine the coverage you have to ensure you file proper claims. An experienced Pawtucket car accident lawyer can help you through this process.
- Tell your insurance company of the details of the accident and the insurance company information of the other drivers involved in the accident.
- Save any and all paperwork involved with your auto accident claim, including medical bills, repair bills, and any other documents or expenses.
- Do not speak to the other party’s insurance company without speaking with an experienced Pawtucket auto accident lawyer first because it costs nothing to talk to us for a free case evaluation.
- If you do decide to speak with the other parties insurance company:
- DO NOT discuss the details as to how the accident happened,
- DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are out of pain,
- DO NOT sign any insurance waiver or release until your doctor has released you from treatment and you are out of pain.
How Do I Get The Most For The Damage To My Car?
It really is this simple; your auto body repair man should meet with the claims adjustor from the insurance company and negotiate your property damage claim at the auto body shop. He is the best person, since he will be fixing your vehicle, to negotiate your property damage claim. Read more
What Do Our Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
Our law firm does not charge any legal fees until you obtain settlement or award for the injuries you have incurred. We do charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is standard in this field of personal injury law. Remember, a good lawyer does not cost you more…they get you more
What Do I Do Right After I Am Hurt In A Car Accident?
- Turn on your emergency lights and do not move your car unless you or your car is in danger.
- If possible, take photographs of the cars involved and their positions.
- Call 911 and tell them if anyone is hurt or needs medical treatment.
- Take photos of your car and the scene if you can.
- Get witnesses names and telephone numbers, before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Get the other driver’s name, address and insurance company.
- If injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
How Much Time Do I Have To File A Claim For My Pawtucket Car Accident?
In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations, for most auto accident cases, is 3 years. For minors the statute is longer. This means you or your attorney will have 3 years to file a lawsuit against the other driver for the injuries you sustained. Contacting a knowledgeable Pawtucket car accident attorney will inform you of the applicable statute of limitations.
What Happens If The Other Driver Is Not Covered By Insurance?
If you are hurt, you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident, and your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. Often you can also collect uninsured motorist benefits from other automobiles insured and owned by people in the house you live in. Read more
What Is The Minimum Insurance Coverage a Driver Has to Have in RI?
The minimum liability coverage that one must carry, in Rhode Island, is 25,000/50,000 dollars. This type of coverage means any person hurt has up to $25,000 coverage, however, if two or more people are hurt, there is $50,000 in coverage for everyone injured. If your injuries are worth more than 25,000/50,000, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist money from the car you were in at the time of the accident and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household.
Why Hire an Experienced Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyer?
The insurance company is out to pay you as little as possible as profits are their main motive. Do not be fooled into taking quick cash. There are many things an experienced Pawtucket lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, obtaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you about every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement to compensate for your injuries.
Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates?
- D. Robin Gouveia, our managing lawyer in our Pawtucket office, has over 16 years experience handling car accident cases.
- Our Pawtucket paralegals and staff have a lot of experience also.
- We offer everyone a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We will come to you if you are unable to come into our Pawtucket office.
- There is no fee unless we win your case.
- We guarantee that your phone calls will be returned ASAP.
- We know how to make sure you get a great settlement for your injuries.