The d’Oliveira & Associates College Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship opportunity available to students pursuing college degrees or certifications in law school, paralegal studies‚ legal assistant studies‚ court reporting, or any other law-related field from community colleges‚ technical schools, or business schools in the United States. d’Oliveira & Associates will also make a $500 contribution to the winning applicant’s college or university.
Deadline for Application & Essays To Be In Our Possession: July 28‚ 2017
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must hold a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must either attend or plan to enroll at a college or university, community college, technical school, or business school.
- Must be either pursuing a Legal college degree, law school degree, certification in paralegal studies, legal assistant studies, court reporting, or another legal-related field.
- Employees, interns & contractors of d’Oliveira & Associates and their immediate families, as well as winners from previous years are ineligible to participate in this Essay Contest.
Winning Scholarship Essays:
- 2016 Winning Essay about texting and driving.
- 2015 Winning Essay about drinking and driving.
- 2014 Winning Essay about texting and driving.
About the Award:
- The d’Oliveira & Associates 2017 College Student Scholarship is to be used solely for school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $1,000 will be written payable directly to the award recipient’s college or school to cover these expenses.
- A $500 contribution will be given to the winning applicant’s college or university.
All applicants must complete the downloadable application below.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Additional Application Materials:
- A 500-word essay Persuading Young People To Make Choices That Will Avoid Distracted Driving (drinking, texting, talking w/passengers etc.). Applications without this essay component will not be considered.
- Applicants who are still in high school or working on their GED must submit both a valid high school transcript AND proof of acceptance and enrollment in his/or her future educational institution.
- Applicants who have graduated from high school or have a GED equivalent do not have to submit a high school transcript but must submit proof of acceptance and enrollment in his/or her future educational institution.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in immediate rejection of the application.
Completed applications must be submitted by July 28‚ 2017. Applications should be emailed to SdOliveira@dmlaw.com with the subject line “2017 College Student Scholarship” or mailed to:
d’Oliveira & Associates
Attn: Scholarship Manager
2540 Pawtucket Avenue
East Providence, RI 02914
The d’Oliveira & Associates College Student Scholarship recipient will be notified of selection on or about August 14‚ 2017. Non-winning applicants will not receive individual notification. The winner will be announced on our facebook page.