If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, you may be entitled to a settlement for your medical bills, lost wages (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced car accident lawyers in Providence, RI charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Call us 24/7 at 1-(401)-831-8600 or fill out an online contact form for a free evaluation of your case.
Need a Providence Car Accident Lawyer?
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation Today.
Inquiries From Our Clients:
What Can My Providence Car Accident Case Be Worth?
If you are injured in a car accident and you are not at fault, our lawyers here will be able to get you a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering, among other loses. We can assure you that getting a fair amount of money from the insurance company is what we are committed to getting you as quickly as possible. Insurance companies try to downplay the seriousness of your injuries, but we know all of their tricks and how to get you the best settlement you deserve. Read more.
What Do I Have To Do For My Own Insurance Company?
- Contact your insurance agent right away after the accident. Insurance companies require you to file a claim within a reasonable amount of time after the accident. You have the best chance to recover compensation if you do not wait to file your claim.
- Review your insurance policy to determine the coverage you have in order to file the proper claims. To make it even easier, an experienced Providence car accident lawyer will guide you through this process.
- When reporting to your insurance company, describe the accident in detail. Specifically, you want to ensure you include the insurance information of the other parties involved in the accident.
- Make sure that you read your policy and determine the coverage you have to ensure you file proper claims. An experienced Providence car accident lawyer can help you through this process.
- We recommend that you do not speak to the other person’s insurance company without speaking to an experienced Providence car accident lawyer first. If you talk to the opposing party’s insurance company be sure that you:
- DO NOT reveal any information about the accident because it can be used against you and
- DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are out of pain. There can be underlying or unknown injuries that you may still need to be compensated for.
Can I Recover Money For Property Damage To My Car?
In order to ensure you receive the proper amount of property damages, it is best to have an insurance appraiser examine your vehicle at an auto body shop with your auto body repair person present. The repair employee should be able to discuss the damage to your car with the insurance claim adjustor directly. This is the best way to proceed because then the same person who gave the estimate will also be the one fixing your vehicle.
If the insurance company adjuster assess the damages without your mechanic present, they will try to diminish the extent of the damages. Our experienced Providence car accident lawyers are ready to help you as well if the insurance company does not offer you enough money to fix your car. Read more..
How Does Liability Insurance Coverage Work In RI?
In Rhode Island, the minimum liability coverage that an owner of a vehicle must carry is $25,000/$50,000, which means injured persons have up to $25,000 coverage. However if more than one person is injured, $50,000 in coverage is available for everyone injured. If your injuries are worth more than the other driver’s insurance company has, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist moneys from the car you were in and/or any vehicles owned by you and relatives in your home.
Our Providence Clients Love Our Services
“They handled my case quickly, and always kept me informed of the case and called weekly to see how I was feeling.” — Douglas S.
How Much is the Legal Fee?
Our firm charges the standard 1/3 fee if and when we get you a settlement or award. Additionally, we do not charge any upfront fees to obtain your medical records or to investigate your claim, which may be a crucial component for your case. Our top priority is for our clients to receive the full compensation that they deserve for their injuries. We are aware that this can be a stressful and troubling time, so our Providence car accident lawyers keep your best interest in mind at all times.
What Should I Do Following a Car Accident?
- First, turn on your hazard lights and do not move your car unless it is in a dangerous location either to you or other vehicles.
- Then call 911 or your local police department. It is best to call the police even in minor accidents because the record and investigation of the accident will help your claim in the future. Also, you want to let the police know right away if there are any injuries from the accident.
- If possible, take some photographs of the position of the cars in the accident, as well as weather, road conditions, time, place, and any clear traffic violations.
- If possible, call a friend or family member to the scene to be a witness and take more photos.
- Get any witnesses’ names and telephone numbers before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Make sure to get the other driver’s contact information including name, address and insurance company.
- If you are injured, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel like you were injured, if you hit your head or any body part, get medical treatment as sometimes pain will not surface until hours after the accident. In these cases especially, you would rather be safe than sorry.
Are There Time Constraints On When I Can File My Case?
It is important that you contact a Providence car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident, because as time goes by it becomes more difficult to recover for losses. In RI, the statute of limitations for most auto accidents is 3 years, which means you only have 3 years to file a lawsuit against the other party for your injuries.
If those 3 years pass without you taking any legal action, you will be prevented from bringing that claim forward at any point in the future. Contacting an experienced Providence car accident lawyer will help you navigate your claim in a timely manner and help you get the full settlement you deserve as soon as possible.
What if the at Fault Driver is Uninsured?
Usually, you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from the insurance company of the car you were in at the time of the accident. You should know that your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. You can also collect for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, among other losses under the same principle.
You will most likely be able collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own automobile insurance company, or any other automobiles insured and owned by relatives of your household. Read more.
Why Should I Call an Experienced Providence Car Accident Lawyer?
The insurance company is going to offer you as little money as possible to settle your case, because the less they offer you the more profit they make. They are motivated by numbers, where we are motivated by real people with real injuries.
There are many things an experienced Providence car accident lawyer can do to ensure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries, including monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, obtaining your medical records to make sure they properly mention all of your pain and suffering, as well as mental anguish. Also, advising you about the tricks claims adjusters try in order to make your case worth less money, and, negotiating the best possible settlement for all of your injuries.
Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We have been handling Providence car accident cases for over 30 years.
- Each of our lawyers here have at least 20 years’ experience in handling car accident cases.
- We are available to handle your initial phone call 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We will send someone to you, wherever you are, if you are not able to come into one of our 15 offices throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- We charge no legal fees until and unless you receive a settlement or award.
- We will always return your phone calls ASAP!
- We know all the tricks the insurance company adjustors play, to try to offer you less money than what your case is really worth. Read more
Beneficial Blog Posts on Providence Car Accidents
Call Our Firm Today!
Let us focus on your case, while you focus on your recovery. Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out an online contact formfor your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From North Providence, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Take US-44/Smith St south and turn slightly right onto Mt Pleasant Ave. Turn left onto Atwells Ave and then turn right onto Knight St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the left.
From Johnston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow US-6 E/Dennis J. Roberts Expy and use the second from the right lane to take the Broadway exit. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.
From Cranston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow RI-10 N and then take the Westminster St exit. Turn right on Westminster St and then take a left on Barton St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.