If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, you may be entitled to a settlement for your medical bills, lost wages (if any) and pain and suffering, etc. Our experienced car accident lawyers in Providence, RI charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Need a Providence Car Accident Lawyer?
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation.
Inquiries From Our Clients:
What Can My Providence Car Accident Case Be Worth?
If you are injured in a car accident and you are not at fault, our lawyers here will be able to get you a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, among other loses. We can assure you that getting a fair amount of money from the insurance company is what we are committed to getting you as quickly as possible. They will try to downplay how serious an injury you have, but we know all the games they play and know how to get you a great settlement. Read more.
What Do I Have To Do For My Own Insurance Company?
- After the accident, contact your insurance agent as soon as possible. All insurance companies require you to a file a claim within a reasonable amount of time after the accident, so if you wait too long they can deny coverage.
- Make sure that you read your policy and determine the coverage you have to ensure you file proper claims. An experienced Providence car accident lawyer can help you through this process.
- Inform your insurance company how the accident happened and tell them who insures the other vehicle, as this will speed up communications.
- Make sure that you save any and all paperwork associated with your claim. This includes medical bills, car repair bills, and any other documents or expenses.
- We recommend you do not speak to the other person’s insurance company without first speaking to an experienced Providence car accident lawyer. If you do decide to speak with the other party’s insurance company, we advise that you don’t tell them much because if you misspeak they will use it against you. Even if you do not have any pain at first, we advise that you DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are out of pain. There can be underlying or unknown injuries that you may still need to be compensated for.
Can I Recover Money For Property Damage To My Car?
In order to get the fairest appraisal of the property damage done to your car, have the insurance appraiser look at your car at the auto body shop with your mechanic present. Your mechanic is most qualified to make these distinctions because he will offer an unbiased and professional opinion on the true damage of the car. If the insurance company adjuster assess the damages without your mechanic present, they will try to diminish the extent of the damages. Our experienced Providence car accident lawyers are ready to help you as well if they do not offer you enough money to fix your car. Read more..
How Does Liability Insurance Coverage Work In RI?
In Rhode Island, the minimum liability coverage that an owner of a vehicle must carry is $25,000/$50,000, which means injured persons have up to $25,000 coverage. However if more than one person is injured, $50,000 in coverage is available for everyone injured. If your injuries are worth more than the other driver’s insurance company has, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist moneys from the car you were in and/or any vehicles owned by you and relatives in your home.
Our Providence Clients Love Our Services
“They handled my case quickly, and always kept me informed of the case and called weekly to see how I was feeling.” — Douglas S.
What Legal Fees Will You Charge?
We charge the industry standard, which is a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award. We have a no fee promise, meaning you only pay us if we win for you. We also front the costs to obtain your medical records, police reports, etc. Again, you are only responsible for paying these costs back if we win your case.
What Should I Do Following a Car Accident?
- Be sure to turn on your hazard lights and don’t move your vehicle unless it is in direct danger to you or other vehicles.
- If possible, take some photographs of the position of the cars in the accident, as well as weather, road conditions, time, place, and any clear traffic violations.
- Call 911 or your local police department and tell them you are hurt and to come to the scene of the accident to ensure it is all properly documented.
- If possible, call a friend or family member to the scene to be a witness and take more photos.
- Get any witness names and telephone numbers before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Make sure to get the other driver’s contact info including his name, address and insurance company.
- If you are injured, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel like you were injured, if you banged your head or any body part, get medical treatment as sometimes pain will not surface until hours after the accident. In these cases especially, you would rather be safe than sorry.
Are There Time Constraints On When I Can File My Case?
It is important that you contact a Providence car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident, because as time goes by and your case is not handled properly, it may be difficult to get you the money you are entitled to. In RI, the statute of limitations for most auto accidents is 3 years, which means you will have 3 years to file a lawsuit against the other party for your injuries. If those 3 years pass without you taking any legal action, you will be prevented from bring that claim forward at any point in the future. Contacting a knowledgeable Providence auto accident attorney will help you navigate your claim in a timely manner and help you get the full settlement you deserve as soon as possible.
What If The At Fault Driver Is Without Insurance?
Usually, you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from the insurance company of the car you were in at the time of the accident. In these situations your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. You can also collect for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, among other losses under the same principle. You will most likely be able collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own automobile insurance company, or any other automobiles insured and owned by relatives of your household. Read more.
Why Should I Call An Experienced Providence Car Accident Lawyer?
The insurance company is going to offer you as little money as possible to settle your case, because the less they offer you the more profit they make. They are motivated by numbers, where we are motivated by real people with real injuries. There are many things an experienced Providence car accident lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries, including monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, obtaining your medical records to make sure they properly mention all of your pain and suffering, as well as mental anguish. Also, advising you about the things claims adjusters try to do to make your case worth less money, and, negotiating the best possible settlement for all of your injuries.
Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We have been handling Providence car accident cases for over 29 years.
- Each of our lawyers here have at least 18 years’ experience in handling car accident cases.
- We are available to handle your initial phone call 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) evaluation.
- We will send someone to you, wherever you are, if you are not able to come into one of our 15 offices throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- We charge no legal fees until and unless you receive a settlement or award.
- We will always return your phone calls ASAP!
- We know all the tricks the insurance company adjustors play, to try to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
- Read more.
Beneficial Blog Posts on Providence Car Accidents
Follow these five steps after you have been in an auto accident.
Reporting Your Car Accident
Learn which cars have the highest potential for causing a serious accident.
Learn what it takes to prove negligence if you have been injured by a driver.
Call Our Firm Today!
Let us focus on your case, while you focus on your recovery. Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form online for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From North Providence, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Take US-44/Smith St south and turn slightly right onto Mt Pleasant Ave. Turn left onto Atwells Ave and then turn right onto Knight St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the left.
From Johnston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow US-6 E/Dennis J. Roberts Expy and use the second from the right lane to take the Broadway exit. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.
From Cranston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow RI-10 N and then take the Westminster St exit. Turn right on Westminster St and then take a left on Barton St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.