If you have sustained injuries in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost earnings (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our knowledgeable Providence car accident lawyers charge no fee unless you receive a settlement or award. Call us 24/7 at 1-(401)-831-8600 or fill out an online contact form for a free (no obligation) evaluation of your case.
NEED A PROVIDENCE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
CALL NOW FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION TODAY.
Inquiries From Our Clients:
What Is The Value Of My Providence Car Accident Claim?
If you are injured in a car accident due to the fault of another, our lawyers here will likely be able to get you a settlement for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. Getting a fair settlement from the insurance company as quickly as possible is our commitment to our clients. Insurance companies usually try to downplay the seriousness of your injuries, but we know their tactics and how to get you the best settlement you deserve. Read more.
What Steps Should I Take With My Own Insurance Company?
- Contact your insurance company right after the accident. Insurance companies need your claim filed within a reasonable amount of time after the accident. You have the best chance to recover compensation if you file your claim in a timely manner.
- Review your insurance policy to determine the coverage that is available to you. This way you file the proper claims. To make it even easier, an experienced Providence car accident lawyer will guide you through the whole process.
- When speaking to your insurance company, describe the accident in detail. Specifically, you want to include the insurance information of the other parties involved in the accident.
- Make sure to read your policy and determine the coverage you have to ensure you file the proper claims. A knowledgeable Providence car accident lawyer can guide you through this process.
- We highly recommend that you do not speak to the other person’s insurance company without speaking to an experienced Providence car accident lawyer first. If you decide to talk to the opposing party’s insurance company be sure that you:
- DO NOT disclose any information about the accident because it can be used against you; and
- DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are no longer in pain. There may be underlying or unknown injuries.
Can I Recover For Property Damage To My Car?
To ensure you receive the proper compensation for your property damages, it is best to have an insurance appraiser inspect your vehicle at an auto body shop with the mechanic present. The mechanic will be able to discuss the damage to your car with the insurance claim adjuster directly. This is the best way to proceed because the same person who gave the estimate will also be the one fixing your vehicle.
If the insurance company adjuster assesses the vehicle’s damages without the mechanic present, they will try to diminish the extent of the damages. Our experienced Providence car accident lawyers are ready to help you if the insurance company does not offer you enough money to fix your car. Read more..
How Does Liability Insurance Coverage Work In RI?
In Rhode Island, the minimum liability coverage that an owner of a vehicle must have is $25,000/$50,000. This means the injured person has up to $25,000 of coverage. However, if more than one person is injured, $50,000 in coverage is available for everyone injured. If your injuries are more than what the other driver’s insurance policy has, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist money from the car you were in during the accident and/or any vehicles owned by those in your household.
How Much is the Legal Fee?
Our firm charges a standard 1/3 fee only if we get you a settlement or award. Furthermore, we do not charge any upfront fees to get your medical records or to investigate your claim. Our main priority is for our clients to recover from their injuries and to receive the full compensation that they deserve. We are aware that this can be a stressful time, so our Providence car accident lawyers will be there to help you every step of the way.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- First, turn on your hazard lights and do not move your car from the scene of the accident unless it is in a dangerous location.
- Call 911 or your local police department. It is best to always call the police even in minor accidents because the official record and investigation of the accident will help your claim in the future. You also want to let the police know right away if there are any injuries from the accident.
- If possible, take some pictures of the position of the cars in the accident, as well as weather, road conditions, time, place and any clear traffic violations. Taking pictures of the damage to the vehicles is also a good idea.
- If possible, call a friend or family member to the scene to support you and take more photos.
- Get any witnesses’ names and phone numbers before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Get the other driver’s contact information including name, address and insurance company.
- If you are injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel any pain or show signs of injury, if you hit any body part, get medical treatment as sometimes pain will not surface until hours after the accident. It is always best to be safe than sorry.
What Are The Time Constraints To File My Case?
It is important that you contact a Providence car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. As time goes by, it becomes more difficult to recover for losses. In RI, the statute of limitations for most auto accidents is three (3) years, which means you only have three (3) years to file a lawsuit against the other party for your injuries.
If no legal action is taken within that three (3) year timeframe, you will be prevented from pursuing that claim forward at any point in the future. Contacting a knowledgeable Providence car accident lawyer will help you navigate your claim in a timely manner and help you get the full settlement you deserve as soon as possible.
What Happens When The At-Fault Driver is Uninsured?
Typically, you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from the insurance company of the car you were in at the time of the accident. Furthermore, your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not the one at fault. You can also collect for medical expenses, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses under the same principle.
You will be able collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own automobile insurance company, or any other automobiles insured and owned by relatives of your household. Read more.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Providence, RI
- I-95 Exit 18 (Thurbers Ave.) – One source places this area as the 2nd most dangerous area in all of Rhode Island. Within a three (3) year span of time, this area saw 296 crashes, 79 of which had injuries and 216 receiving property damage only.
- Route 6 and Route 10 – One source puts this place as the 9th most dangerous area in all of Rhode Island. This confusing area where the roads meet has seen 152 crashes, 79 of which resulted in injuries, within three (3) years.
- I-95 Exit 20 – One source states this area is the most dangerous in all of Rhode Island and New England. This interchange has seen 217 crashes, 90 of which resulted in injuries, within a three (3) year period of time.
Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We have been handling Providence car accident cases for over 30 years.
- Each of our lawyers have at least 20 years’ experience in handling car accident cases.
- We are available to handle your initial phone call 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We will send someone to you if you are not able to come into one of our 15 offices throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- We charge no legal fees until and unless you receive a settlement or award.
- We will always return your phone calls as soon as possible.
- We know all the tactics the insurance company uses and we can use our many years of experience to get you the best possible settlement for your claim. Read more
Beneficial Blog Posts on Providence Car Accidents
Call Our Firm Today!
Let us focus on your case, while you focus on your recovery. Call today at 1-401-831-8600, or fill out an online contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From North Providence, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Take US-44/Smith St. south and turn slightly right onto Mt Pleasant Ave. Turn left onto Atwells Ave. and then turn right onto Knight St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the left.
From Johnston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow US-6 E/Dennis J. Roberts Expy and use the second from the right lane to take the Broadway exit. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.
From Cranston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow RI-10 N and then take the Westminster St exit. Turn right on Westminster St. and then take a left on Barton St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.