Injured in a Pawtucket car accident that was not your fault? You may be entitled to compensation to help cover the costs of your medical treatment, your lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our attorneys have the experience to negotiate with insurance companies to secure the compensation you deserve. d’Oliveira & Associates charges no legal fees until you receive an award or settlement. Call our Pawtucket office at 401-365-6001 or fill out our contact form for a free case consultation.
Pawtucket Car Accidents: What You Need to Know
Jump To Links
- What Should I Do After a Pawtucket Car Accident?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Pawtucket Car Accident Claim?
- Our Firm’s Best Car Accident Settlements
- What If the Other Driver Is Uninsured or Underinsured?
- Can I Recover Compensation for Damage to My Vehicle?
- What Are the Legal Fees?
- Most Dangerous Pawtucket Roads and Intersections
- Why Should I Hire a Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyer?
- Contact Us!
- Directions to Our Pawtucket Office
The managing attorney of our Pawtucket office, D. Robin Gouveia, has been resolving clients’ car accident cases for more than 20 years. The staff in our Pawtucket office have the knowledge and experience to negotiate with insurance companies and obtain the compensation you deserve to help cover your personal injury expenses. Read some of our past Pawtucket clients’ Google Reviews.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
Immediately after a car accident, turn on your car’s hazard lights and get someplace safe. Don’t move your vehicle unless it’s necessary to get out of harm’s way. Call 911 and get any injuries addressed right away.
File an accident report with the responding police officer and ask about obtaining a copy of the report for your own records. Take pictures or videos of the damage to your vehicle, your visible injuries, and the position of the cars after the accident. Note the weather conditions, road conditions, and any traffic violations that contributed to the accident.
Get the name, contact information, and insurance information of the other driver(s) involved in the accident. This information will be helpful to an experienced RI car accident lawyer for maximizing the compensation you receive to help cover the costs associated with your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File My RI Car Accident Claim?
Rhode Island’s statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is three years. This means that an injured party has three years from the time of injury to file a claim against the at-fault party. But it is advised that you contact an attorney soon after your accident; the more time your attorney has to investigate your case and negotiate with insurance companies, the more compensation you are likely to receive to help cover your personal injury expenses.
Our Best Car Accident Case Settlements:
- $964,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client sustained a brain injury after a car accident. She hired our firm, and we secured the settlement she was entitled to for covering her injury expenses.
- $800,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client suffered two fractured vertebrae and major bruising to her entire body. Our firm was eager to help, and we secured a favorable settlement for her.
- $650,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client sustained a concussion, dental and facial fractures, cuts to his arms and face, and required shoulder surgery. Our firm negotiated this large settlement for him.
What If the Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
If you were injured in a car accident where the other driver does not have insurance or does not carry enough insurance to cover your expenses, you may be able to collect uninsured or underinsured motorist benefits. These benefits would come from the insurance for the vehicle you were in at the time of your injury. Insurance companies cannot raise you rates for an accident that was not your fault. A knowledgeable Pawtucket car accident attorney can assess your situation to determine whether you are eligible to receive these benefits. Read more.
Can I Receive Compensation for Damage to My Vehicle?
Yes! Typically, in addition to receiving compensation to help cover your personal injury expenses, you may also be able to recover compensation to cover the costs of repairing your car after the accident. Have your auto body repair mechanic meet with the claims adjuster to provide an accurate estimate of the cost of repair. This will be the best way to get the compensation you need to fix your vehicle and will prevent the insurance company from undercompensating you. Read more.
What Are the Legal Fees for a Car Accident Case?
d’Oliveira & Associates does not charge anything until we win or settle your case. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing unless we secure an award or settlement to compensate you for expenses related to your personal injuries. Read more.
Most Dangerous Pawtucket Roads and Intersections
- I-95 Exit 29 (US 1 Broadway/Broadway/Cottage St) – One source ranks this stretch of highway as the most dangerous in the entire state of Rhode Island. This area has even been ranked as one of the top five most dangerous in all of New England. In just three years, there were 191 crashes in this area, with 55 of those crashes resulting in injuries.
- Interstate 95 Exit 25 – One source ranks this area as the tenth most dangerous area for Rhode Island drivers. Within three years, there were 122 car accidents in this area, 53 of which resulted in injuries.
Why Should I Hire a Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyer?
Insurance companies are businesses that ultimately are out to make a profit. That is why insurance companies are likely to make under-compensatory settlement offers to claimants. Our attorneys know all of the tactics insurance companies use to try to undercompensate injured victims, and we are not afraid to negotiate for the compensation you deserve. Read more.
Contact d’Oliveira & Associates Today!
Were you or a loved one injured in a Pawtucket car accident that was not your fault? Call our Pawtucket office today at 401-365-6001 or fill out an online contact form for a free case consultation. Let us focus on your case so you can focus on your recovery.