AndroGel side effects include heart attacks, strokes, prostate cancer, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, blood clots or even death. We are working with very experienced and honest AndroGel lawyers across the country, who can file an AndroGel lawsuit for you and get you money for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, mental anguish, among other losses. There are no legal fees until you get a settlement or award. Contact us 24/7 toll free or online for a free (no obligation) consultation.
Have You Suffered a Serious Side Effect After Taking AndroGel?
Read Below Why You May Have a Claim.
What is AndroGel?
AndroGel is a type of testosterone therapy that comes in the form of a topical hormone gel. It is a clear colorless gel that is available in two different concentrations; 1% or 1.62%. It works by replacing or supplementing the testosterone that should be naturally made in the body. This is prescribed to men who are experiencing low testosterone levels. It is normal for aging men to experience a decline in testosterone; AndroGel simply works by replacing what should be naturally produced by the body. An experienced Androgel Lawyer can talk to you and advise you if you have a good Androgel lawsuit. Call us anytime.
What Are Some Common AndroGel Side Effects?
Less severe AndroGel side effects:
- Swelling in ankles or feet
- Trouble urinating
- Low fever
- Dark urine
- Frequent or prolonged erections
More serious AndroGel side effects:
- Heart attack
- Pulmonary embolism
- Blood clots
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Irregular heartbeat
- Heart failure
- Prostate cancer
Have You Suffered From a Heart Attack or a Stroke
While Taking AndroGel?
You May Have a AndroGel Lawsuit Claim. Call 800-992-6878 Today!
What Are Some AndroGel Medical Studies and FDA Approvals?
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) first approved AndroGel 1% in 2000. The newer AndroGel 1.62% concentration contains half the volume of gel, and secured its FDA approval in 2011. There are medical studies linking testosterone therapies like AndroGel to a serious heart attack risk, as well as other complications.
- The first study was conducted by the National Cancer Institute and it revealed that some men using testosterone therapies may have an increased risk of suffering from a heart attack. This study consisted of approximately 56,000 men and found that men over the age of 65, as well as men under 65 with a history of heart disease, had twice the rate of heart attacks in the three months after beginning testosterone therapy when compared with the year prior to starting the treatment. This study also researched whether or not this category of men was at a greater risk for cardiac problems due to an increased libido which is caused by higher testosterone levels.
- The second study was published in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) and had similar results compared to the first study. This research found that older men had a 29% increase in stroke, heart attack and death when undergoing testosterone therapy.
- The third study was a federally funded research study, which further supported the link between testosterone therapy and heart damage risks. This study was conducted in order to address whether testosterone gels could help older men build muscle, but it was stopped after the researchers noticed some of the participants were suffering heart attacks and other cardiac problems. The AndroGel lawyers we work with are knowledgeable of the science behind this drug and can file an AndroGel lawsuit on your behalf.
Why is AndroGel Prescribed for Low Testosterone?
AndroGel accounts for 75% of testosterone therapy, making it by far the most popular treatment for low testosterone. Most people have probably seen some type of advertisement for “Low T”, telling men they should seek this type of treatment if they suffer from common ailments such as low libido, less energy, or grumpiness. These symptoms are so vague and also common for aging men, therefore men are diagnosing themselves with low testosterone. The advertisements also fail to warn that these medications may significantly increase your risk of heart attack, stroke, blood clots or even death. Researchers have found that only half of the men who are receiving low testosterone treatment have actually been diagnosed with low testosterone, and nearly 25% have never had tests prior to receiving the prescription.
Other Low Testosterone Products Similar to AndroGel:
Do You Need an AndroGel Lawyer to File an AndroGel Lawsuit?
If you or a loved one has suffered from an adverse reaction to the low testosterone therapy drug AndroGel, such as stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, blood clots or death, you may want an experienced AndroGel lawyer for file an Androgel lawsuit on your behalf to get you the money you deserve.
We are working with experienced AndroGel attorneys across the country, who can file a claim on your behalf. There are no legal fees until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us 24/7 toll-free at 1-800-992-6878 or online for a free (no obligation) consultation.