Boston Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident in or around Boston, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost time at work, pain and suffering, and other related losses. Our experienced Boston slip and fall lawyers will not charge you any fees unless you obtain a settlement or award. Contact us at (508) 436-7000 or fill out our online form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
What Commonly Causes Slip & Fall Accidents?
Depending on the environment and the potential hazards, slip and fall causes can vary. However, some common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Weather conditions, like ice, rain, or snow
- Spilled liquid left on the floor
- Loose flooring or torn carpeting, or flooring in disrepair
- Poor lighting, which makes it difficult to see hazards when walking
Some of Our Best Slip and Fall Settlements
- Client received $850,000 after injuring his back when a flight of stairs collapsed under him
- A client received $610,000 when he fell through the floor of an attic, resulting in pelvic and back injuries
- As the client exited a hotel, they slipped on ice in the parking lot, and received a $548,000 settlement for their badly broken leg
How Much Do We Charge?
d’Oliveira & Associates attorneys do not charge a fee unless we settle your case and obtain compensation for your case. If we can secure a settlement or an award on your behalf, we charge 1/3 of that award, which is the industry standard contingency fee.
Will I Have to Go to Court for My MA Slip and Fall Case?
d’Oliveira & Associates attorneys settle roughly 95% of our personal injury cases without having to go to court. However, if a pre-trial settlement cannot be reached in your case, our attorneys are not afraid to fight on your behalf in court to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
One study suggests that, as of 2014, slip and fall accidents were the #1 cause of traumatic spinal cord injuries in US adults. 1 in 5 falls results in a serious injury, like broken bones and head injuries. In 2015 alone, more than $50 billion were spent on medical costs for treating slip and fall injuries. One out of every five falls causes a serious injury, such as a head injury or broken bones.
Possible Slip & Fall Injuries
- Broken, fractured, or dislocated bones
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Herniated or slipped discs
What Can be Done to Avoid a Slip & Fall?
Although the condition and maintenance of property is not generally within one’s control, there are some things that are within your control to reduce your risk of suffering a slip and fall. These include ensuring you monitor vision issues you are having, that you wear supportive shoes, and that you keep an eye out for hazards in the path you are walking.
Why Contact d’Oliveira & Associates?
Slip and fall victims choose d’Oliveira & Associates to handle their injury claim for a variety of reasons. Our attorneys are prepared to keep track of deadlines and negotiate with insurance companies so that you can focus on your recovery. For a free (no-obligation) case evaluation, call us toll-free at (508) 876-3579 or fill out an online contact form.