Recently, an associate attorney at d’Oliveira & Associates, D. Robin Gouveia, obtained a $125,000 settlement at a grocery store for a Fall River, MA woman. She slipped and fell on a wet floor with no signs or warnings posted and sustained a serious injury.
Attorney D. Robin Gouveia said, “We used current case law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to prove liability against a grocery store chain in this slip and fall/premises liability case. The insurance company ultimately accepted liability and argued the damages were preexisting. We argued the slip and fall trauma caused a severe exacerbation/aggravation of the underlying condition and advocated on behalf of the client to obtain a settlement to compensate for the suffering endured.”
One of the most common places a slip and fall occurs is at a grocery store. Since the burden of proof is on the person who slipped and fell, there are things you can do to safeguard your potential slip and fall claim.
- Contact the store manager so they can become aware of the accident and so an accident report can be filled out.
- If you can, take photos and video of the area where the slip happened.
- Make sure you get the grocery store’s insurance information.
- You will want to document any and all expenses you have incurred as a result of this incident.
- As with any personal injury case, you will want to seek the guidance of an experienced slip and fall lawyer.
Contact a Fall River Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident, you should contact a knowledgeable Fall River Slip and Fall Lawyer to discuss your options and get you the best possible compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. Call our Fall River office at 508-677-0500 or fill out an online contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.