In Rhode Island, thousands of people are injured in accidents each year. When injuries from car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents or other accidents occur, you may need to take legal action to be compensated for damages and losses. However, doing so can be complicated and the process is not always easy to understand. If you want to make a claim for injuries, you need to make sure that you have the right RI injury lawyer on your side.
Why Would I Need a RI Injury Lawyer?
A RI injury lawyer can evaluate medical records, file a lawsuit, communicate with other lawyers, advise you on your injury case and negotiate on your behalf. Accidents can cause injuries or losses that someone else might be legally responsible for. They can also result in high expenses such as medical bills. In addition, the injured person may have experienced pain and suffering or may no longer be able to work. When this happens, a person may want to pursue legal action through an injury lawyer to be compensated.
How Does a RI Injury Lawyer Charge?
RI Injury lawyers usually work on a contingency fee basis. This means that they only collect fees if you win an award or receive a settlement. This benefits the injured person because they are able to hire an experienced injury lawyer without having to pay legal fees and expenses upfront. In an injury case, legal fees can add up quickly and the injury lawyer might work on the case for a long time. In addition, there are expenses such as court filing fees, obtaining copies of records and paying for expert witnesses. If the case is won in court or settled out of court, the legal fees (typically one third of the award or settlement amount), are simply deducted. If the case is not resolved, then no legal fees are paid.
What Should I Consider When Choosing a RI Injury Lawyer?
- Experience. You should determine what experience the RI injury lawyer has. Some injury lawyers have extensive experience in a particular type of accident or injury. For example, they may have a focused area of practice handling car accident cases. An experienced RI injury lawyer would most likely have years in handling these types of cases.
- Track Record. A proven track record reflects the ability of a successful RI injury lawyer. We recommend you go to the lawyer’s webpage and look to see their largest verdicts and settlements.
- Reputation. A RI injury lawyer should be respected in both the legal and local community. They should be respected by other lawyers and trusted by their clients.
- Ratings. RI injury lawyers can also be rated by peers and clients. Lawyer directories, such as Avvo, can be found online and provide profiles, client reviews, peer endorsements, disciplinary actions and an overall rating. You may also see client reviews on Google.
- Professional Associations. Injury lawyers may be members of professional groups such as National Trial Lawyers or Trial Masters.
- Client Testimony. Former clients can also be a resource to find out more information about a RI injury lawyer. Sometimes, former clients give testimonials about their experiences or give a review.
Speak With a RI Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you know suffered an injury, contact one of our experienced RI injury lawyers at d’Oliveira & Associates. They would be happy to give you a free, no obligation, case evaluation. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our firm charges no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award. For a free no obligation case evaluation, call us toll-free at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out a contact form online.