Injured in an Auto Accident Due to Negligence?
Get Help from an Experienced Coventry Car Accident Lawyer Today!
If you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. d’Oliveira and Associates charges no fee until you obtain a cash settlement or award. Feel free to contact us toll-free or via email for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Laura Cameron is the managing attorney of our Coventry office and has been handling car accident cases in Coventry now for over 20 years. Feel free to call us or email us 24/7 at 401-823-3444. Our office is located at 401 Arnold Road, Coventry, RI.
Coventry Car Accidents: What You Need To Know
- How Much Does A Coventry Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- What Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
- What Is The Best Time To Contact A Coventry Car Accident Lawyer?
- The Other Coventry Car Driver Has No Insurance. What Do I Do?
- My Car Is Damaged. Can I Get It Repaired?
- I’m Having Trouble With My Insurance Company. What Should I Do?
- I’ve Been Hit By Another Driver. Is There A Minimum Insurance Coverage They Mush Have?
- Why Is It Necessary To Hire An Experience Car Accident Lawyer?
- Can The Coventry Car Accident Lawyers Of d’Oliveira & Associates Help Me?
- How Can I Contact The Lawyers of d’Oliveria & Associates?
- What Are The Driving Directions To d’Oliveira & Associates Coventry Office Location?
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. What Fees Do I Pay For My Car Accident Case?
You will be charged a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is the industry standard in the field of personal injury. However, you will pay nothing unless we win your case.
2. What Is My Case Worth?
If you are injured in a car accident that was not at fault, you may be eligible to receive money for all of your medical expenses, lost earnings and pain and suffering, among other losses. Unfortunately, insurance companies tend to be reluctant when it comes to paying you fairly for your pain and suffering. If you retain our firm, your lawyer will battle for the highest amount possible for your pain and suffering. The insurance company’s main objective is to save money by paying you less. This is where our extensive experience as Coventry car accident lawyers comes in. We know how to handle your case to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Read more.
3. When Should I Contact A Lawyer?
The statute of limitations, which is the timeframe you have to file a claim for most car accidents in Rhode Island, is three (3) years. When the injured person is a minor, the statutory period is longer. Put simply, you or your lawyer will have three (3) years, from the date of the accident, to file a lawsuit against the other driver for the injuries you sustained. Contacting a lawyer to discuss your case as soon as possible after the accident is in your best interest. An experienced Coventry car accident attorney can inform you as to the length of the statute of limitations for your case.
4. What if the Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
You have a couple different options. One option is to collect uninsured motorist benefits from the car you were in at the time of the accident. Your insurance company would not raise your rates if you were not at fault in the accident. Another option is to collect uninsured motorist benefits from other vehicles insured and owned by people in the household you live in. Read more.
5. How Does Damage to My Car Get Repaired?
It is quite simple to fix any damage to your vehicle after an accident. Your auto body repairman should meet with the insurance company’s claims appraiser to examine the damage to your vehicle at the auto body shop. Your car repairman is the best person to negotiate your property damage claim since he will be fixing your vehicle. Read more.
6. How Should I Deal With the Insurance Companies?
You need to contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident to file a claim. Make sure that you look at your policy to see what coverages you have to make sure you file the appropriate claims. Save all paperwork involved with your car accident claim such as medical expenses, repair bills, and any other documents or expenses. We highly recommend you speak with an experienced Coventry car accident lawyer before talking to the other driver’s insurance company. They will more than likely call you and try to talk you out of hiring a lawyer. If you are seriously injured, you should consider hiring a lawyer to make sure you get all the money you are entitled to. If you make the decision not to hire a lawyer and you decide to speak with the other driver’s insurance company we recommend that you do not discuss the details as to how the accident transpired, do not accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are fully recovered.
7. What is the Minimum Insurance Coverage that the Other Driver Has to Have?
An owner of a vehicle must carry, in Rhode Island, a minimum of 25,000/50,000 dollars. This type of insurance means any person injured has up to $25,000 coverage, but if two or more persons are injured, there is $50,000 in coverage for the injured party.
If the cost of the injuries outweighs the coverage available from the other driver’s insurance company, it should be available to collect underinsured motorist from the car you were in at the time of the collision and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household. An experienced Coventry car accident lawyer can advise you of all available coverages.
8. Why Do I Need An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer?
Hiring an experienced lawyer to handle your car accident case can make sure you are treated fairly. The insurance company will attempt to offer you as little money as possible to settle your car accident case. There are many things an experienced Coventry car accident lawyer can do to make sure you get a good settlement for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, getting and reviewing your medical records to make sure your doctors document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you in every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement to compensate you for your injuries.
9. Why Hire d’Oliveira and Associates?
- Each of our lawyers here have at least 20 years’ experience in handling car accident cases.
- We can answer your phone call 24/7.
- You will get a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We have 16 offices in RI and MA you may come to for your convenience. If you prefer, we can even come directly to your house.
- You will not be charged a legal fee unless we get a cash settlement for you.
- Your case will be handled with the utmost care, and we guarantee that your phone calls will be returned promptly.
- We know all the necessary efforts to ensure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries.
Contact d’Oliveira & Associates Today!
“Let us focus on your case while you focus on your recovery.” Call us today at (401) 762-4006, or fill out a contact form for a free (no obligation) case consultation.