If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income (if any), pain and suffering and other losses. Our experienced New Bedford car accident lawyers charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to contact us for a free (no obligation) case evaluation at 508-984-8400 or fill out a contact form online.
New Bedford Car Accidents: What You Need To Know
- Will I Be Charged A Legal Fee For My New Bedford Car Accident Lawsuit??
- Does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Apply to My New Bedford Car Accident?
- Do I Need Insurance Liability Coverage In New Bedford?
- What Can I Recover After My New Bedford Car Accident?
- What If The Other Motorist Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- Can I Be Compensated For Property Damage?
- When Should I Contact My Insurance Company?
- New Bedford Car Accident Statistics
- Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates?
- Contact Us
- Driving Directions
- Massachusetts Office Locations
D. Robin Gouveia, the managing attorney of our New Bedford office, has been practicing personal injury law and settling car accident claims in New Bedford for over 20 years. Prior to law school, Robin worked for several years as an insurance claims adjuster, and she has extensive knowledge about how insurance companies evaluate personal injury claims. Robin knows how to accurately value your case and how to quickly secure a settlement on your behalf.
Will I Be Charged A Legal Fee For My New Bedford Car Accident Lawsuit?
d’Oliveira & Associates charges no legal fee unless we obtain an award or settlement of your claim. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you owe us nothing until you receive a settlement or award to compensate you for your injuries.
Does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Apply to My New Bedford Car Accident?
Massachusetts does provide Personal Injury Protection (PIP) as an option available to those injured in a MA-registered vehicle. PIP is “no fault” insurance, meaning that, even if you were at fault in your car accident, you may obtain PIP benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident, as long as it was a MA-registered vehicle.
PIP is intended to cover the medical expenses, funeral expenses, and a percentage of lost wages for you or any other person injured in your vehicle. Contact our New Bedford car accident lawyers to determine if you are entitled to PIP benefits for your case.
Do I Need Insurance Liability Coverage In New Bedford?
MA requires every vehicle to have minimum liability coverage of $20,000/$40,000, meaning that insurance will pay up to $20,000 for each person injured in the accident, but no more than $40,000 in total for all people injured. Many insured vehicle owners carry more than this minimum insurance requirement.
This coverage provides that only the insurance for the at-fault party pays. This compensation is to help cover those injured in the accident for their lost income, medical costs, and pain and suffering.
What Can I Recover After My New Bedford Car Accident?
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident to no fault of your own, you may be entitled to recover compensation to help cover your medical costs, your lost wages, and your pain and suffering. d’Oliveira & Associates attorneys have over 30 years of experience in handling New Bedford car accident cases, and we are prepared to negotiate with insurance companies to quickly secure a fair settlement or award for your claim. Every case is different, and the dollar amount that car accident victims can recover will depend on several different factors. Contact us today for a free evaluation of your case. Read more.
What If The Other Motorist Doesn’t Have Insurance?
Being in a car accident can be an incredibly stressful experience. Sometimes, if the at-fault driver has no insurance, or if you are the victim of a hit-and-run, the situation can become even more stressful. However, at-fault uninsured drivers and drivers who flee the scene of an accident are considered “uninsured motorists.” This means that you may still collect compensation from the uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident. Some situations even enable you to collect uninsured motorist benefits from your car insurance company for the vehicles insured and owned by other members of your household. Read more.
Can I Be Compensated For Property Damage?
To maximize the compensation you receive for damage to your vehicle, it is advised that you have your auto body repair mechanic meet with the insurance appraiser. Because the mechanic will be the one doing the repairs, they are in the best position to accurately value the property damage and discuss this directly with the claims adjuster. This will help to prevent the insurance company undercompensating you for your repair costs. Read more here.
When Should I Contact My Insurance Company?
- After your accident, get in contact with your insurance company right away. Many insurance companies require that you file a claim within a reasonable amount of time after the accident, so do not wait to file your claim.
- Review the terms of your insurance policy to determine the proper claims to file. An experienced New Bedford auto accident lawyer can help guide you through this process.
- Describe the accident in detail when you report it to your insurance company. Be sure you have the insurance information of the other involved parties and communicate this to your insurance agent.
- Keep any paperwork related to your claim, including medical bills, repair receipts, and other expense reports. This will help your attorney to ensure you are accurately compensated for all of your expenses.
- We recommend that you do not speak with the opposing party’s insurance company until you’ve first spoken with an experienced New Bedford car accident lawyer. If you do choose to speak with the opposing party’s insurance, it is advised that you do not discuss the specifics of your accident, do not agree to admit fault, and do not agree to any settlement offers or insurance waivers until your doctor has cleared you from treatment and you are no longer in pain. Read more.
New Bedford Car Accident Statistics
Why Hire d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We have been handling auto accident cases for more than 30 years.
- Each d’Oliveira & Associates attorney has at least 20 years of experience in settling clients’ car accident cases.
- We answer phone calls 24/7Your initial phone call will be answered no matter when you call, 24/7.
- Our free case evaluation allows you to receive a no obligation consultation.
- You owe no legal fees unless and until we obtain a settlement or award to compensate you for your injuries.
- We are familiar with insurance company tactics to undercompensate you, and we are not afraid to negotiate with them for top dollar for your case.
Contact Our New Bedford Car Accident Lawyers Today!
Massachusetts Office Locations
- 408 Bedford St
Fall River, MA, 02720
- Phone: (508) 677-0500
- 930 Kempton St
New Bedford, MA 02740
- Phone: (508) 984-8400
- 130 Liberty St
Brockton, MA 02301
- Phone: (508) 436-7000
- 123 Broadway
Taunton, MA 02780
- Phone: (508) 822-6373
- 155 N Main St
Attleboro, MA 02703
- Phone: (508) 223-1133
- 2510 Cranberry Hwy STE. 5
Wareham, MA 02571
- Phone: (508) 295-1230