Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident? You may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our knowledgeable Fall River car accident attorneys today for a free case evaluation. d’Oliveira & Associates charges no fee unless you receive an award or settlement of your claim.
Injured in a Car Accident in Fall River, MA?
Call Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation.
Our Fall River office’s managing attorney, D. Robin Gouveia, has been successfully settling her clients’ car accident cases for over 23 years. All of the attorneys at d’Oliveira & Associates have over 20 years of experience in handling car accident cases.
Frequently Asked Client Questions:
What Does It Cost to Hire a Fall River Car Accident Lawyer?
d’Oliveira and Associates does not charge any fees unless you receive an award or settlement for your claim. We work on a contingency fee basis and don’t charge you anything until we have helped you recover a settlement or award for your injuries.
How Do I Get The Most Money For My Damaged Car?
Since your auto body repair mechanic will be the person repairing the damage to your vehicle, they should be the one to assess the damage with the claims adjuster. The repair mechanic is in the best position to accurately determine the value of your property damage claim and to ensure that this is the amount of money you receive from insurance. Learn more here. Read more.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Information
Personal injury protection (PIP) may be an option for you if the vehicle you were injured in is registered in Massachusetts. PIP, also known as “no fault” insurance, allows someone injured in a MA-registered vehicle to obtain PIP benefits, even if they were found to be at fault for the accident..
PIP covers you or anyone else injured in the MA-insured vehicle for their medical bills, funeral expenses, and a percentage of lost wages. PIP payment is capped at $8,000 per person injured, and PIP may pay the balance of whatever is not covered by your private health insurance. Contact our Fall River car accident lawyers who can explain this area of Massachusetts law.
What If The Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
Sometimes, the driver that caused your car accident injury does not have insurance, or the driver flees the scene. MA law treats both of these kinds of drivers as having “uninsured automobiles.” However, there are still ways for you to recover compensation for your injuries, even from uninsured motorists. You may be entitled to uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident, and insurance companies are typically not allowed to raise your rates if you were not at fault for the accident. In some situations, you may even be able to collect these uninsured motorist benefits for other vehicles owned and insured by other members of your household. Read more here. Read more.
What Insurance Liability Coverage is Available in MA?
In Massachusetts, every vehicle is required to have a $20,000/$20,000 minimum coverage. This means, in the event of an accident, the insurance company pays up to $20,000 for each injured person, and no more than $40,000 for all people injured in the accident. Many insured car owners carry more than these minimum insurance requirements.
Under MA insurance liability coverage, only the insurance company for the party found to be at fault for the accident pays. This compensation can be used to cover injured people for their lost wages, their medical bills, and pain and suffering.
What Should I Do After a Fall River Car Accident?
- Take a look at your insurance policy to ensure you file all of the proper claims. An experienced Fall River car accident attorney can help you through this sometimes tricky process.
- Inform your insurance company of the specifics of your accident, including the insurance information of other parties involved in the accident.
- Hold onto any paperwork that has to do with your claim. This can include medical bills, repair cost receipts, and other expense statements, which will be useful in ensuring you recover compensation for all of these expenses.
- It is also recommended that you do not speak with the other party’s insurance company without first speaking with an experienced Fall River car accident attorney. It is likely that the other party’s insurance company will try to undercompensate you and to quickly settle your claim for less than it is worth. If you do decide to speak with the opposing party’s insurance adjuster, do not discuss specifics of how the accident happened, do not admit fault, and do not agree to any settlement offers until your doctor has concluded your medical treatment and you are no longer experiencing pain.
- d’Oliveira & Associates has been handling car accident cases for over three decades.
- All of our attorneys have at least 20 years of experience in handling car accident cases.
- Our firm answers all phone calls 24/7.
- We provide a free case evaluation.
- We charge no legal fees unless we secure a case settlement or award on your behalf.
- We know the tricks insurance companies use to try to undercompensate you and we are not afraid to negotiate for the true value of your case.
- Broadway S.Main St. intersection with Globe St.
- Intersection of Davol St. and Central St.
- President Ave. (Rte 6) at Davol St.
- President Ave. (Rte 6) intersection with Elsbree St.
- 408 Bedford St
Fall River, MA, 02720
- Phone: (508) 677-0500
- 930 Kempton St
New Bedford, MA 02740
- Phone: (508) 984-8400
- 130 Liberty St
Brockton, MA 02301
- Phone: (508) 436-7000
- 123 Broadway
Taunton, MA 02780
- Phone: (508) 822-6373
- 155 N Main St
Attleboro, MA 02703
- Phone: (508) 223-1133
- 2510 Cranberry Hwy STE. 5
Wareham, MA 02571
- Phone: (508) 295-1230
Why Should I Hire an Experienced Fall River Car Accident Attorney?
Insurance companies are businesses looking to profit. This means they are going to offer you as little money as possible to settle your claim. Having a knowledgeable attorney on your side, however, can mean you receive a much larger award or settlement. Our attorneys ensure that your medical records effectively document your pain and suffering, and we handle negotiations with insurance companies so you can focus on your swift recovery.
Why Should I Hire Your Firm?
Contact Our Expeirenced Fall River Car Accident Lawyers Today!
Call us at 508-677-0500, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) consultation.
d’Oliveira & Associates Personal Injury Lawyers
408 Bedford St
Fall River, MA 02720
Fall River Car Accident Statistics
Most Dangerous Intersections in Fall River
Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development conducted a study to determine the top 100 most dangerous intersections in Southeastern MA. 20 of these intersections were in Fall River.
The intersection at Plymouth Ave. and Rodman St. ranks as the area’s most dangerous intersection, seeing, on average, a car accident every nine days.
The next 4 top-ranking dangerous intersections in Fall River include: