If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident that was not your fault, our experienced Warwick car accident lawyers are prepared to assist you in the legal process. Deciding to hire the best personal injury lawyer for your case ensures you receive the compensation you deserve.
Injured in a car accident to no fault of your own? You may be entitled to recovery for your medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering. d’Oliveira & Associates does not charge a fee until we win or settle your case. Call us today at 401-490-6907 or fill out an online contact form for a free case evaluation.
Jump To Links
- What Are The Legal Fees?
- Steps To Take After a Warwick Car Accident
- How is a Car Accident Case Valued?
- Can I recover For Damage To My Car?
- How Do I Deal With My Own Insurance?
- Uninsured Drivers
- How to Deal With My Own Insurance Company
- What Insurance Coverage Is Available?
- Why Hire d’Olvieria & associates?
- Contact Us!
Warwick RI 02888
Injured in a car accident?
Call our Warwick car accident lawyers to get the compensation you deserve!
No Fees Unless We Win
d’Oliveira & Associates charges no fees until we win or settle your case. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not owe us anything unless we secure a settlement or award to compensate you for your personal injury expenses.
What Should I Do After My Warwick Car Accident?
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights. Do not move your car unless it is necessary to get out of harm’s way.
- Call 911 and request necessary medical attention.
- Record the other driver’s name, address, and insurance information.
- Photograph or take videos of the accident scene, ensuring the position of all involved vehicles is visible. Also take pictures of any visible injuries you’ve suffered.
- Get the statements and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Make note of road conditions, traffic violations, weather, time, and location of the accident.
How Is a Warwick Car Accident Case Valued?
How much compensation you are entitled to for your case will depend on several factors. Typically, a party injured in a car accident that was not their fault may receive compensation to cover medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering. Our experienced attorneys will prevent insurance companies from trying to undercompensate you and will ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Read more.
Can I Be Compensated for Property Damage?
In addition to receiving compensation for the personal injury you suffered, you may also be entitled to compensation for the damage to your vehicle. To get the appropriate amount needed to repair your car, it is advised that you have the claims adjuster meet with your auto body repair mechanic. Because the mechanic will be the one fixing your car, they are in the best position to accurately estimate the cost of fixing the damage. The mechanic will then be able to negotiate your claim with the adjuster and help you to avoid being undercompensated by the insurance company. Read more.
How Long Do I Have to File a RI Car Accident Claim?
In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations for most car accident personal injury cases is three (3) years. This means that you have three years from the time of your injury to file suit against the at-fault party. But don’t wait! Getting in contact with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible gives your attorney more time to investigate your case and maximize the compensation you receive.
What If the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If the at-fault driver in your accident does not have insurance or fled the scene of the accident, you may be entitled to uninsured motorist benefits from the insurance for the vehicle you were in at the time of your injury. Your insurance company typically cannot raise your rates for your property damage and personal injuries claims if you were not the at-fault party. Read more.
What Do I Say to My Insurance Company?
- Contact your insurance agent as soon as you can after your accident.
- Answer their questions honestly and tell your agent about the details of your accident. Be sure to provide them with the contact and insurance information for the other parties involved in the accident.
- Look over your insurance policy to see what coverage you carry, and what claims you could file. An experienced Warwick car accident attorney can help you through this process.
- Keep all the paperwork related to your accident, including medical bills, vehicle repair receipts, and any other bills.
- We recommend that you do not talk to the other party’s insurance until you have spoken to a knowledgeable RI car accident attorney. If you do speak with the opposing party’s insurance, be aware that what you say may be used against you to minimize your compensation. Do not discuss the details of the accident, do not agree to any settlement offers until your treating doctor has cleared you, and do not sign any insurance waivers.
Most Dangerous Intersection in Warwick, RI**
Last 5 Years:
- 292 Accidents
- 69 Injured
- 0 Deaths
City of Warwick
- Population: 80,847
- Avg Annual Auto Injuries per 1,000: 7
- Warwick RI Crime Index* 91
Nearby Cities Crime Indices*:
- East Greenwich: 76
- West Warwick: 152
- Coventry: 109
What Insurance Coverage Is Available?
In Rhode Island, the minimum liability coverage a vehicle owner must carry is $25,000/$50,000. This means that each injured individual is covered for up to $25,000 with up to $50,000 in total coverage available for all people injured in the accident. Many RI drivers carry more than these minimum liability amounts.
Hire an Experienced Warwick Car Accident Lawyer
- Our firm has over three decades of experience in successfully handling car accident cases and securing favorable compensation for our clients’ injuries.
- Each attorney at d’Oliveira & Associates has at least 20 years’ experience in settling auto accident cases.
- Our firm answers all phone calls, 24/7.
- We provide a free (no obligation) case consultation.
- We do not charge anything until you receive an award or settlement for your case.
- We know the tricks insurance companies try to use to undercompensate you, and we are not afraid to negotiate with them on your behalf to maximize your compensation.